- Another Rohingya man stabbed dead in Cox’s Bazar
- Why AL ‘fears’ fair polls, wonders BNP
- Khaleda seeking steps against jr minister for ‘contemptuous’ comment
- 2 workers die falling off Ctg building
- Stop PM from engaging in unilateral campaign: BNP to EC
- Joypurhat road accident kills two
- Pro-AL panel sweeps DU registered graduate polls
- Bill passed to reduce wastage of water
- Half of unpaid wages of jute workers to be cleared: Minister
- Software to say goodbye to tax hassles
Mobile top-up trader hacked dead in M’singh
A mobile top-up trader was hacked to death by muggers at Kewatkhali in Sadar upazila early Tuesday.
The deceased was identified as Haripad, 45, a resident of the area.
Quamrul Islam, officer-in-charge of Kotwali Model Police Station, said a group of miscreants swooped on Haripad around 1am and hacked him indiscriminately while he was returning home from his shop at Methua Bazar, leaving him critically injured.
The muggers also took away the money he was carrying with him.
Locals took the victim to Mymensingh Medical College Hospital where he succumbed to his injuries around 3am, the OC added.
Police arrested two people suspecting their involvement with the murder.