- BNP demands action against Thakurpara attackers
- Panthapath hotel operation: Another ‘militant’ held in city
- Riyad made USAID’s Goodwill Ambassador for youth & dev in BD
- AL leader found slaughtered in Satkhira
- ‘Evil design’ behind delay in appointing new CJ: Moudud
- Govt to be forced to accept demand: BN
- Suu Kyi blames world conflicts partly on illegal immigration
- Zimbabwe's Mugabe faces deadline to resign, or impeachment
- Asian 14/U Series Tennis inaugurated
- Sports-BPL: Tamim, Liton fined for breaching BCB Code of Conduct
Mobile top-up trader hacked dead in M’singh
A mobile top-up trader was hacked to death by muggers at Kewatkhali in Sadar upazila early Tuesday.
The deceased was identified as Haripad, 45, a resident of the area.
Quamrul Islam, officer-in-charge of Kotwali Model Police Station, said a group of miscreants swooped on Haripad around 1am and hacked him indiscriminately while he was returning home from his shop at Methua Bazar, leaving him critically injured.
The muggers also took away the money he was carrying with him.
Locals took the victim to Mymensingh Medical College Hospital where he succumbed to his injuries around 3am, the OC added.
Police arrested two people suspecting their involvement with the murder.