- FSIBL’s 2-day workshop begins in Ctg
- Fundamental Analysis training at DSE from Oct 8
- ‘Silent famine’ stalks country, alleges BNP
- No gas in N’ganj for 8 hrs today
- DU ’Kha’ unit admission test results published
- 2 Rohingya women with HIV/AIDS admitted to CMCH
- Horrific tale of a rescued Rohingya child
- Woman’s throat-slit body found in Kishoreganj, 4 held
- Insurgents killed 28 Hindu women and boys: Myanmar police
- Housewife strangulated to death in Laxmipur over dowry
Mobile top-up trader hacked dead in M’singh
A mobile top-up trader was hacked to death by muggers at Kewatkhali in Sadar upazila early Tuesday.
The deceased was identified as Haripad, 45, a resident of the area.
Quamrul Islam, officer-in-charge of Kotwali Model Police Station, said a group of miscreants swooped on Haripad around 1am and hacked him indiscriminately while he was returning home from his shop at Methua Bazar, leaving him critically injured.
The muggers also took away the money he was carrying with him.
Locals took the victim to Mymensingh Medical College Hospital where he succumbed to his injuries around 3am, the OC added.
Police arrested two people suspecting their involvement with the murder.