- BNP demands action against Thakurpara attackers
- Panthapath hotel operation: Another ‘militant’ held in city
- Riyad made USAID’s Goodwill Ambassador for youth & dev in BD
- AL leader found slaughtered in Satkhira
- ‘Evil design’ behind delay in appointing new CJ: Moudud
- Govt to be forced to accept demand: BN
- Suu Kyi blames world conflicts partly on illegal immigration
- Zimbabwe's Mugabe faces deadline to resign, or impeachment
- Asian 14/U Series Tennis inaugurated
- Sports-BPL: Tamim, Liton fined for breaching BCB Code of Conduct
Schoolgirl’s death in road crash triggers angry protest in city
The death of a schoolgirl in a road accident in the city’s Shewrapara area triggered an angry protest on Tuesday.
The deceased was identified as Disha, 10, a Class-V student of Mirpur Ideal School.
Ashrafuzzaman, a witness, told UNB that an Agargaon-bound bus of “Tetulia Paribahan” hit Disha in Shewrapara Bus Stand area around 12:45pm while she was crossing the road, leaving her dead on the spot.
Outraged at the death of the schoolgirl in the road accident, locals blocked the road and set the bus on fire.
On information, firefighters rushed in and doused the blaze.
The vehicular movement returned to normalcy after the angry mob withdrew the blockade around 2:15pm.