- Another Rohingya man stabbed dead in Cox’s Bazar
- Why AL ‘fears’ fair polls, wonders BNP
- Khaleda seeking steps against jr minister for ‘contemptuous’ comment
- 2 workers die falling off Ctg building
- Stop PM from engaging in unilateral campaign: BNP to EC
- Joypurhat road accident kills two
- Pro-AL panel sweeps DU registered graduate polls
- Bill passed to reduce wastage of water
- Half of unpaid wages of jute workers to be cleared: Minister
- Software to say goodbye to tax hassles
Schoolgirl’s death in road crash triggers angry protest in city
The death of a schoolgirl in a road accident in the city’s Shewrapara area triggered an angry protest on Tuesday.
The deceased was identified as Disha, 10, a Class-V student of Mirpur Ideal School.
Ashrafuzzaman, a witness, told UNB that an Agargaon-bound bus of “Tetulia Paribahan” hit Disha in Shewrapara Bus Stand area around 12:45pm while she was crossing the road, leaving her dead on the spot.
Outraged at the death of the schoolgirl in the road accident, locals blocked the road and set the bus on fire.
On information, firefighters rushed in and doused the blaze.
The vehicular movement returned to normalcy after the angry mob withdrew the blockade around 2:15pm.