- FSIBL’s 2-day workshop begins in Ctg
- Fundamental Analysis training at DSE from Oct 8
- ‘Silent famine’ stalks country, alleges BNP
- No gas in N’ganj for 8 hrs today
- DU ’Kha’ unit admission test results published
- 2 Rohingya women with HIV/AIDS admitted to CMCH
- Horrific tale of a rescued Rohingya child
- Woman’s throat-slit body found in Kishoreganj, 4 held
- Insurgents killed 28 Hindu women and boys: Myanmar police
- Housewife strangulated to death in Laxmipur over dowry
Schoolgirl’s death in road crash triggers angry protest in city
The death of a schoolgirl in a road accident in the city’s Shewrapara area triggered an angry protest on Tuesday.
The deceased was identified as Disha, 10, a Class-V student of Mirpur Ideal School.
Ashrafuzzaman, a witness, told UNB that an Agargaon-bound bus of “Tetulia Paribahan” hit Disha in Shewrapara Bus Stand area around 12:45pm while she was crossing the road, leaving her dead on the spot.
Outraged at the death of the schoolgirl in the road accident, locals blocked the road and set the bus on fire.
On information, firefighters rushed in and doused the blaze.
The vehicular movement returned to normalcy after the angry mob withdrew the blockade around 2:15pm.