- BNP demands action against Thakurpara attackers
- Panthapath hotel operation: Another ‘militant’ held in city
- Riyad made USAID’s Goodwill Ambassador for youth & dev in BD
- AL leader found slaughtered in Satkhira
- ‘Evil design’ behind delay in appointing new CJ: Moudud
- Govt to be forced to accept demand: BN
- Suu Kyi blames world conflicts partly on illegal immigration
- Zimbabwe's Mugabe faces deadline to resign, or impeachment
- Asian 14/U Series Tennis inaugurated
- Sports-BPL: Tamim, Liton fined for breaching BCB Code of Conduct
5 drug peddlers held in Keraniganj
The members of Detective Branch (DB) police of South Keraniganj, in separate drives, arrested five alleged drug peddlers along with 460 pieces of Yaba tablets from different places of the upazila on Monday night.
The arrestees are Md Babul, 35, Liton, 30, Md Abul Bashar, 30, Md Shahadat Hossain, 28, and Md Fahim, 25, all of are the residents of the area.
Dipak Chandra Saha, officer-in-charge of South Keraniganj DB police, said on secrete information a team of detective police conducted the drives at different places over the upazila and arrested the drug peddlers.
Later, the DB men searched their bodies and recovered 460 pieces of Yaba pills from their possession.
Two cases were filed with South Keraniganj Police Station under Narcotics Control Act, the OC added.