- PM slams judiciary for ‘wasting’ time with ‘silly’ matters
- Khaleda sits with her advisers
- BNP picks Babla for Rangpur city polls
- Australia to help BD for safe return of Rohingyas
- Khaleda must join polls under Hasina, says Shajahan
- Sheikh Hasina University Bill placed in JS
- Buet students to return to classes Saturday
- 5th Management Week begins at JU Wednesday
- Street movement if no understanding over polls, warns BNP
- IBBL receives highest taxpayer award
406 Chandpur pry schools run sans headmaster
A total of 406 government primary schools in the district are running without any headmaster, affecting both academic and administrative activities.
It has been going on for a long time and so, proper primary education is being hampered, alleged many primary teachers and guardians.
District Primary Education Offices sources said that there are 46 vacant posts of headmaster in Chandpur Sadar, 69 vacant posts in Kochua, 55 in Faridganj, 49 in Hajiganj, 73 in Matlab North, 40 each in Matlab South and Shahrasti and 34 in Haimchar upazilas.
And for this, proper teaching in the classes in these schools has been in doldrums and teaching activities are going on at a slow pace and relaxed mood.
So, classroom teaching in these schools is being hampered. Consequently, the overall result in the Primary School Certificate (PSC) Exam is also far from satisfactory level.