- Another Rohingya man stabbed dead in Cox’s Bazar
- Why AL ‘fears’ fair polls, wonders BNP
- Khaleda seeking steps against jr minister for ‘contemptuous’ comment
- 2 workers die falling off Ctg building
- Stop PM from engaging in unilateral campaign: BNP to EC
- Joypurhat road accident kills two
- Pro-AL panel sweeps DU registered graduate polls
- Bill passed to reduce wastage of water
- Half of unpaid wages of jute workers to be cleared: Minister
- Software to say goodbye to tax hassles
406 Chandpur pry schools run sans headmaster
A total of 406 government primary schools in the district are running without any headmaster, affecting both academic and administrative activities.
It has been going on for a long time and so, proper primary education is being hampered, alleged many primary teachers and guardians.
District Primary Education Offices sources said that there are 46 vacant posts of headmaster in Chandpur Sadar, 69 vacant posts in Kochua, 55 in Faridganj, 49 in Hajiganj, 73 in Matlab North, 40 each in Matlab South and Shahrasti and 34 in Haimchar upazilas.
And for this, proper teaching in the classes in these schools has been in doldrums and teaching activities are going on at a slow pace and relaxed mood.
So, classroom teaching in these schools is being hampered. Consequently, the overall result in the Primary School Certificate (PSC) Exam is also far from satisfactory level.