- FSIBL’s 2-day workshop begins in Ctg
- Fundamental Analysis training at DSE from Oct 8
- ‘Silent famine’ stalks country, alleges BNP
- No gas in N’ganj for 8 hrs today
- DU ’Kha’ unit admission test results published
- 2 Rohingya women with HIV/AIDS admitted to CMCH
- Horrific tale of a rescued Rohingya child
- Woman’s throat-slit body found in Kishoreganj, 4 held
- Insurgents killed 28 Hindu women and boys: Myanmar police
- Housewife strangulated to death in Laxmipur over dowry
406 Chandpur pry schools run sans headmaster
A total of 406 government primary schools in the district are running without any headmaster, affecting both academic and administrative activities.
It has been going on for a long time and so, proper primary education is being hampered, alleged many primary teachers and guardians.
District Primary Education Offices sources said that there are 46 vacant posts of headmaster in Chandpur Sadar, 69 vacant posts in Kochua, 55 in Faridganj, 49 in Hajiganj, 73 in Matlab North, 40 each in Matlab South and Shahrasti and 34 in Haimchar upazilas.
And for this, proper teaching in the classes in these schools has been in doldrums and teaching activities are going on at a slow pace and relaxed mood.
So, classroom teaching in these schools is being hampered. Consequently, the overall result in the Primary School Certificate (PSC) Exam is also far from satisfactory level.