- JP to make history by forming govt again: Ershad
- University teacher, friend drown in Sangu River
- US-Bangla flight makes ‘emergency landing’ at Dhaka airport
- Dhaka seeks stronger UN role in resolving Rohingya crisis
- ‘Lal Jatra’ to be held at DU to recall black night of 1971
- 38 shops gutted in Ctg fire
- Indian court jails powerful politician for embezzling funds
- Class 5 girl gang-raped, burnt alive in Assam’s Nagaon
- 20-party leaders to meet Saturday
- No election keeping Khaleda in jail: Moudud
406 Chandpur pry schools run sans headmaster
A total of 406 government primary schools in the district are running without any headmaster, affecting both academic and administrative activities.
It has been going on for a long time and so, proper primary education is being hampered, alleged many primary teachers and guardians.
District Primary Education Offices sources said that there are 46 vacant posts of headmaster in Chandpur Sadar, 69 vacant posts in Kochua, 55 in Faridganj, 49 in Hajiganj, 73 in Matlab North, 40 each in Matlab South and Shahrasti and 34 in Haimchar upazilas.
And for this, proper teaching in the classes in these schools has been in doldrums and teaching activities are going on at a slow pace and relaxed mood.
So, classroom teaching in these schools is being hampered. Consequently, the overall result in the Primary School Certificate (PSC) Exam is also far from satisfactory level.