- PM slams judiciary for ‘wasting’ time with ‘silly’ matters
- Khaleda sits with her advisers
- BNP picks Babla for Rangpur city polls
- Australia to help BD for safe return of Rohingyas
- Khaleda must join polls under Hasina, says Shajahan
- Sheikh Hasina University Bill placed in JS
- Buet students to return to classes Saturday
- 5th Management Week begins at JU Wednesday
- Street movement if no understanding over polls, warns BNP
- IBBL receives highest taxpayer award
2 fake CID officers held in Panchagarh
Members of Border Guard Bangladesh (BGB) arrested two fake officials of Crime Investigation Department (CID) from Bhutipukur border area in Tentulia upazila on Monday afternoon.
The arrestees were identified as Abul Kalam, 28, son of Abdur Rahman, a resident of Maligram village and Shamim Ahmed, 29, son of Makbul Hossain, hailing from Kanaihat upazila of Sylhet district.
A team of BGB challenged Kalam when he was roaming aimlessly in No 1 sub pillar area near to main pillar No 738 of the border in the afternoon, said Lt Colonel Al Hakim Md Nowsad, commanding officer of BGB-18 battalion.
Later, the BGB team arrested him for his suspicious movement after he addressed himself as CID officer to BGB members.
Following his information, BGB members arrested his associate Shamim from a house in Balabari area in Buraburi union in the afternoon.
Later, they were handed over to Tentulia Police Station.