- Another Rohingya man stabbed dead in Cox’s Bazar
- Why AL ‘fears’ fair polls, wonders BNP
- Khaleda seeking steps against jr minister for ‘contemptuous’ comment
- 2 workers die falling off Ctg building
- Stop PM from engaging in unilateral campaign: BNP to EC
- Joypurhat road accident kills two
- Pro-AL panel sweeps DU registered graduate polls
- Bill passed to reduce wastage of water
- Half of unpaid wages of jute workers to be cleared: Minister
- Software to say goodbye to tax hassles
2 fake CID officers held in Panchagarh
Members of Border Guard Bangladesh (BGB) arrested two fake officials of Crime Investigation Department (CID) from Bhutipukur border area in Tentulia upazila on Monday afternoon.
The arrestees were identified as Abul Kalam, 28, son of Abdur Rahman, a resident of Maligram village and Shamim Ahmed, 29, son of Makbul Hossain, hailing from Kanaihat upazila of Sylhet district.
A team of BGB challenged Kalam when he was roaming aimlessly in No 1 sub pillar area near to main pillar No 738 of the border in the afternoon, said Lt Colonel Al Hakim Md Nowsad, commanding officer of BGB-18 battalion.
Later, the BGB team arrested him for his suspicious movement after he addressed himself as CID officer to BGB members.
Following his information, BGB members arrested his associate Shamim from a house in Balabari area in Buraburi union in the afternoon.
Later, they were handed over to Tentulia Police Station.