- PM to bid adieu 23 plane crash victims at Army Stadium
- Khaleda’s bail stayed till May 8 in graft case
- 1st janaza of 23 plane crash victims held in Nepal
- BNP to resist bid to hold lopsided polls, says Rizvi
- BNP stages demo protesting Milon’s death in custody
- DU teacher relieved of academic duties for assaulting fellow
- Govt mulling pvt sector`s participation in power transmission, distribution
- Rajshahi fresher fails to surface after falling into Padma
- Burglars loot ‘Tk 72 lakh’ from Unilever distributor’s office
- Youth gets life in prison for raping visually-impaired girl
2 fake CID officers held in Panchagarh
Members of Border Guard Bangladesh (BGB) arrested two fake officials of Crime Investigation Department (CID) from Bhutipukur border area in Tentulia upazila on Monday afternoon.
The arrestees were identified as Abul Kalam, 28, son of Abdur Rahman, a resident of Maligram village and Shamim Ahmed, 29, son of Makbul Hossain, hailing from Kanaihat upazila of Sylhet district.
A team of BGB challenged Kalam when he was roaming aimlessly in No 1 sub pillar area near to main pillar No 738 of the border in the afternoon, said Lt Colonel Al Hakim Md Nowsad, commanding officer of BGB-18 battalion.
Later, the BGB team arrested him for his suspicious movement after he addressed himself as CID officer to BGB members.
Following his information, BGB members arrested his associate Shamim from a house in Balabari area in Buraburi union in the afternoon.
Later, they were handed over to Tentulia Police Station.