- ‘Idea of repatriation now is a farce’: Fortify Rights
- BNP seeks constitutional amendment for polls-time govt
- President calls for proper household data collection
- 2 die of cold in Khulna
- Action against PO, ministry staff, if found guilty: Nahid
- Myanmar’s neighbours eager to see progress in Rakhine
- 13,400 mts rice imported from Myanmar in 10 months: Report
- Saber receives Vietnam’s ‘Friendship Order’
- BSTI fines 11 business outlets in city
- Presidential election on Feb 19: Anisul Huq
2 Gazipur siblings die from ‘food poisoning’
Two siblings died reportedly from food poisoning and their mother fell sick after having lunch at South Salna in the city Tuesday.
The deceased were identified as Shakil and his brother Humayun, sons of Rafikul Islam of Afaina village in Mymensingh.
Police and hospital sources said Shakil, Humayun and their mother fell sick one after another immediately after having lunch.
They were taken to Shaheed Tajuddin Ahmad Medical College Hospital where doctors declared Shakil dead on arrival.
Later, Humayun and their mother were being moved to Mymensingh Medical College Hospital as their condition deteriorated. Of them, Humayun died on the way.
Dr Rashedul Islam, a physician at Shaheed Tajuddin Ahmad Medical College Hospital, said both the boys might have died due to food poisoning.