- FSIBL’s 2-day workshop begins in Ctg
- Fundamental Analysis training at DSE from Oct 8
- ‘Silent famine’ stalks country, alleges BNP
- No gas in N’ganj for 8 hrs today
- DU ’Kha’ unit admission test results published
- 2 Rohingya women with HIV/AIDS admitted to CMCH
- Horrific tale of a rescued Rohingya child
- Woman’s throat-slit body found in Kishoreganj, 4 held
- Insurgents killed 28 Hindu women and boys: Myanmar police
- Housewife strangulated to death in Laxmipur over dowry
2 Gazipur siblings die from ‘food poisoning’
Two siblings died reportedly from food poisoning and their mother fell sick after having lunch at South Salna in the city Tuesday.
The deceased were identified as Shakil and his brother Humayun, sons of Rafikul Islam of Afaina village in Mymensingh.
Police and hospital sources said Shakil, Humayun and their mother fell sick one after another immediately after having lunch.
They were taken to Shaheed Tajuddin Ahmad Medical College Hospital where doctors declared Shakil dead on arrival.
Later, Humayun and their mother were being moved to Mymensingh Medical College Hospital as their condition deteriorated. Of them, Humayun died on the way.
Dr Rashedul Islam, a physician at Shaheed Tajuddin Ahmad Medical College Hospital, said both the boys might have died due to food poisoning.