- PM to bid adieu 23 plane crash victims at Army Stadium
- Khaleda’s bail stayed till May 8 in graft case
- 1st janaza of 23 plane crash victims held in Nepal
- BNP to resist bid to hold lopsided polls, says Rizvi
- BNP stages demo protesting Milon’s death in custody
- DU teacher relieved of academic duties for assaulting fellow
- Govt mulling pvt sector`s participation in power transmission, distribution
- Rajshahi fresher fails to surface after falling into Padma
- Burglars loot ‘Tk 72 lakh’ from Unilever distributor’s office
- Youth gets life in prison for raping visually-impaired girl
2 Gazipur siblings die from ‘food poisoning’
Two siblings died reportedly from food poisoning and their mother fell sick after having lunch at South Salna in the city Tuesday.
The deceased were identified as Shakil and his brother Humayun, sons of Rafikul Islam of Afaina village in Mymensingh.
Police and hospital sources said Shakil, Humayun and their mother fell sick one after another immediately after having lunch.
They were taken to Shaheed Tajuddin Ahmad Medical College Hospital where doctors declared Shakil dead on arrival.
Later, Humayun and their mother were being moved to Mymensingh Medical College Hospital as their condition deteriorated. Of them, Humayun died on the way.
Dr Rashedul Islam, a physician at Shaheed Tajuddin Ahmad Medical College Hospital, said both the boys might have died due to food poisoning.