- PM says Rohingya problem could be solved with her 5-point proposal
- New satellite image shows mass destruction in Rakhine
- 2 suspected robbers held in Moulvibazar
- 5 of a Bangladeshi family killed in Kuwait fire
- Indian citizen held with 18 gold bars
- Fake doctor, assistant held in Chandpur
- Foreign Minister to visit Myanmar Nov 19
- US, Japan agree to maximize diplomatic pressure on N. Korea
- Maintain objectivity in journalism: President
- Cabinet clears Surcharge Management Policy to control tobacco
2 Gazipur siblings die from ‘food poisoning’
Two siblings died reportedly from food poisoning and their mother fell sick after having lunch at South Salna in the city Tuesday.
The deceased were identified as Shakil and his brother Humayun, sons of Rafikul Islam of Afaina village in Mymensingh.
Police and hospital sources said Shakil, Humayun and their mother fell sick one after another immediately after having lunch.
They were taken to Shaheed Tajuddin Ahmad Medical College Hospital where doctors declared Shakil dead on arrival.
Later, Humayun and their mother were being moved to Mymensingh Medical College Hospital as their condition deteriorated. Of them, Humayun died on the way.
Dr Rashedul Islam, a physician at Shaheed Tajuddin Ahmad Medical College Hospital, said both the boys might have died due to food poisoning.