- PM to bid adieu 23 plane crash victims at Army Stadium
- Khaleda’s bail stayed till May 8 in graft case
- 1st janaza of 23 plane crash victims held in Nepal
- BNP to resist bid to hold lopsided polls, says Rizvi
- BNP stages demo protesting Milon’s death in custody
- DU teacher relieved of academic duties for assaulting fellow
- Govt mulling pvt sector`s participation in power transmission, distribution
- Rajshahi fresher fails to surface after falling into Padma
- Burglars loot ‘Tk 72 lakh’ from Unilever distributor’s office
- Youth gets life in prison for raping visually-impaired girl
Khadem, another slaughtered at Munshiganj shrine
Two women, including a khadem (caretaker) of a mazar (shrine), were found dead at a mazar(shrine) in Sadar upazila here on Wednesday.
The deceased were identified as Taijul Begum, 48 and Amena Begum,60, a khadem of a shrine of Shilmandir area and hailed from Bakchar village in Sadar Upazila.
On information, police recovered the throat-slit bodies of the two women, who might have been slaughtered sometime at night, around 9:30 am, said additional police super Mustafizur Rahman.
Law enforcers collected some evidences, including a wallet, from the crime scene, he added.
None has been arrested yet in this connection.