- ‘Idea of repatriation now is a farce’: Fortify Rights
- BNP seeks constitutional amendment for polls-time govt
- President calls for proper household data collection
- 2 die of cold in Khulna
- Action against PO, ministry staff, if found guilty: Nahid
- Myanmar’s neighbours eager to see progress in Rakhine
- 13,400 mts rice imported from Myanmar in 10 months: Report
- Saber receives Vietnam’s ‘Friendship Order’
- BSTI fines 11 business outlets in city
- Presidential election on Feb 19: Anisul Huq
6 bodies recovered as boat carrying Rohingyas sinks in Naf River
Cox's Bazar, BdChronicle:
Bodies of six Rohingyas, including four children, who tried to enter Bangladesh amid fresh violence in Rakhaine state of Myanmar, were recovered after a boat capsized in the Naf River on Tuesday night.
Md Main Uddin, officer-in-charge (OC) of Teknaf police station, said a boat carrying 12/13 Rohingyas sank in the river at Jaliapara of Shahparir Dwip area under Teknaf upazila around 10:00 pm.
On information, police recovered the bodies of two children at night.
"Later, four more bodies of Rohingyas were recovered from different areas stretching from Jaliapara to Shahparir Dwip till 11:00am on Wednesday," he added.