- PM to bid adieu 23 plane crash victims at Army Stadium
- Khaleda’s bail stayed till May 8 in graft case
- 1st janaza of 23 plane crash victims held in Nepal
- BNP to resist bid to hold lopsided polls, says Rizvi
- BNP stages demo protesting Milon’s death in custody
- DU teacher relieved of academic duties for assaulting fellow
- Govt mulling pvt sector`s participation in power transmission, distribution
- Rajshahi fresher fails to surface after falling into Padma
- Burglars loot ‘Tk 72 lakh’ from Unilever distributor’s office
- Youth gets life in prison for raping visually-impaired girl
6 bodies recovered as boat carrying Rohingyas sinks in Naf River
Cox's Bazar, BdChronicle:
Bodies of six Rohingyas, including four children, who tried to enter Bangladesh amid fresh violence in Rakhaine state of Myanmar, were recovered after a boat capsized in the Naf River on Tuesday night.
Md Main Uddin, officer-in-charge (OC) of Teknaf police station, said a boat carrying 12/13 Rohingyas sank in the river at Jaliapara of Shahparir Dwip area under Teknaf upazila around 10:00 pm.
On information, police recovered the bodies of two children at night.
"Later, four more bodies of Rohingyas were recovered from different areas stretching from Jaliapara to Shahparir Dwip till 11:00am on Wednesday," he added.