- Nat’l election: BNP renews demand for dialogue
- 21 eminent citizens receive Ekushey Padak
- Work to gain people’s confidence, President asks PSC
- Appeal filed with HC against Khaleda’s sentence
- Maintain distinctive characters of Bangla: PM
- PM invites her Dutch counterpart to launch BD Delta Plan
- 50 BNP men hurt in clash with police, 20 held
- 17 killed in garbage dump collapse in Mozambique
- Angry mob killed suspects in murder of girl in India
- RU students demand revision of quota systems in gov’t jobs
Also AL leaders to face probe on graft charges, says BNP
In the wake of Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina’s comments on investigation into the alleged money-laundering by its Chairperson Khaleda Zia and her family members, BNP on Thursday warned that the day is not far away when Awami League leaders will also have to give their wealth information.
“Everything is being prepared to launch investigation also against you. All information is being gathered about your plundering over the last eight years and the wealth you amassed in America, Canada, Singapore and Malaysia,” said BNP Secretary General Mirza Fakhrul Islam Alamgir.
He issued the warning while speaking at a discussion arranged by Dhaka South City unit BNP at Mahanagar Nattya Mancha, marking the 10th ‘jail release day’ of BNP Chairperson Khaleda Zia.
Fakhrul said the government which looted money from banks, quick rental power plants, share markets and mega projects is now pointing finger at others bringing corruption charges.