- Maintain objectivity in journalism: President
- Cabinet clears Surcharge Management Policy to control tobacco
- Kader Siddique seeks CEC’s removal
- ACC to interrogate Labaid Group MD
- 13 edu institutions shut in Cox’s Bazar after Rohingya influx
- Allegations against Sinha ‘cooked up to contain him’: BNP
- UK leader makes surprise Brussels trip to undo Brexit logjam
- Portugal wildfires kill at least 27; 4 dead in Spain
- 5,000 more Rohingyas enter Bangladesh
- Rohingya boat capsize death toll rises to 12
Also AL leaders to face probe on graft charges, says BNP
In the wake of Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina’s comments on investigation into the alleged money-laundering by its Chairperson Khaleda Zia and her family members, BNP on Thursday warned that the day is not far away when Awami League leaders will also have to give their wealth information.
“Everything is being prepared to launch investigation also against you. All information is being gathered about your plundering over the last eight years and the wealth you amassed in America, Canada, Singapore and Malaysia,” said BNP Secretary General Mirza Fakhrul Islam Alamgir.
He issued the warning while speaking at a discussion arranged by Dhaka South City unit BNP at Mahanagar Nattya Mancha, marking the 10th ‘jail release day’ of BNP Chairperson Khaleda Zia.
Fakhrul said the government which looted money from banks, quick rental power plants, share markets and mega projects is now pointing finger at others bringing corruption charges.