- PM says Rohingya problem could be solved with her 5-point proposal
- New satellite image shows mass destruction in Rakhine
- 2 suspected robbers held in Moulvibazar
- 5 of a Bangladeshi family killed in Kuwait fire
- Indian citizen held with 18 gold bars
- Fake doctor, assistant held in Chandpur
- Foreign Minister to visit Myanmar Nov 19
- US, Japan agree to maximize diplomatic pressure on N. Korea
- Maintain objectivity in journalism: President
- Cabinet clears Surcharge Management Policy to control tobacco
Export to Europe sees moderate growth in July
Country’s export to key European destinations like Germany, the UK, Italy, France showed moderate performance during the first month (July) of the current fiscal (2017-2018) compared to the same period of the previous fiscal (2016-2017).
During July, export to Germany, the second largest destination of Bangladesh exportable items, totalled $459.93 million, which was 15.39 percent of the total export earnings for the period.
Of the amount, knitwear accounted for $257.04 million, woven garment $166.62 million and home textiles $5.76 million, according to latest figures released by the Export Promotion Bureau (EPB).
The EPB figures showed that exports to the UK in July totalled $346.65 million, which was 11.60 per cent of the total export earnings for the one-month period. The export of woven garment to the UK during the one-month period were $153.59 million, knitwear $168.78 million, home textile export to the UK during the period was $7.38 million, and bicycles $4.91 million.
Exports to France in July reached $152.26 million, which accounted for 5.10 per cent of the total export earnings for the period.