- Islami Bank opens 331st branch at Phulpur of Mymensingh
- Bangladesh finishes 3rd in South Asian Badminton
- Rangpur Riders new BPL champions dethroning Dhaka Dynamites
- Moudud finds judges disciplinary rules ‘unconstitional’
- IUTA election Wednesday
- 2 cousins hacked dead in Gazipur
- SWBEC to benefit BD, neighbours, says Muhith
- MPs call for rounding off Doha Round
- 6 more cases filed against Mahmudur Rahman
- NYC commuters returning to subway amid heightened security
Export to Europe sees moderate growth in July
Country’s export to key European destinations like Germany, the UK, Italy, France showed moderate performance during the first month (July) of the current fiscal (2017-2018) compared to the same period of the previous fiscal (2016-2017).
During July, export to Germany, the second largest destination of Bangladesh exportable items, totalled $459.93 million, which was 15.39 percent of the total export earnings for the period.
Of the amount, knitwear accounted for $257.04 million, woven garment $166.62 million and home textiles $5.76 million, according to latest figures released by the Export Promotion Bureau (EPB).
The EPB figures showed that exports to the UK in July totalled $346.65 million, which was 11.60 per cent of the total export earnings for the one-month period. The export of woven garment to the UK during the one-month period were $153.59 million, knitwear $168.78 million, home textile export to the UK during the period was $7.38 million, and bicycles $4.91 million.
Exports to France in July reached $152.26 million, which accounted for 5.10 per cent of the total export earnings for the period.