- Nat’l election: BNP renews demand for dialogue
- 21 eminent citizens receive Ekushey Padak
- Work to gain people’s confidence, President asks PSC
- Appeal filed with HC against Khaleda’s sentence
- Maintain distinctive characters of Bangla: PM
- PM invites her Dutch counterpart to launch BD Delta Plan
- 50 BNP men hurt in clash with police, 20 held
- 17 killed in garbage dump collapse in Mozambique
- Angry mob killed suspects in murder of girl in India
- RU students demand revision of quota systems in gov’t jobs
Lawyer’s house looted in Natore
A gang of robbers looted gold, cash and mobile phone sets from a house of a lawyer in the district town early Sunday.
Barrister Shihab-ul-Arefin Tutul said a group of five robbers, wearing masks, stormed into his house around 2:00 am.
Later, the bandits looted 10 bhories of gold ornaments, Tk two lakh and other valuables including mobile phone sets, keeping the house inmates hostage at gunpoint and fled the scene.
On information, police visited the house in the morning.