- PM says Rohingya problem could be solved with her 5-point proposal
- New satellite image shows mass destruction in Rakhine
- 2 suspected robbers held in Moulvibazar
- 5 of a Bangladeshi family killed in Kuwait fire
- Indian citizen held with 18 gold bars
- Fake doctor, assistant held in Chandpur
- Foreign Minister to visit Myanmar Nov 19
- US, Japan agree to maximize diplomatic pressure on N. Korea
- Maintain objectivity in journalism: President
- Cabinet clears Surcharge Management Policy to control tobacco
Special security measures for smooth celebration of Durga Puja
Home Minister Asaduzzaman Khan on Sunday said special security arrangements will be taken to ensure the smooth observation of Durga Puja, the biggest religious festival of the Hindu community.
The minister came up with the remark while addressing a meeting at the secretariat with the chiefs of the different law enforcing agencies and the leaders of puja celebration committee.
The law enforcers will take all-out measures to maintain country’s law and order situation from September 26 to September 30 so that the Hindu community can celebrate Durga Puja with festive mood and much enthusiasm, he said.
Some 30,077 puja mandops will be set up throughout the country including 231 in the capital, said Asaduzzaman.