- Rangpur Riders new BPL champions dethroning Dhaka Dynamites
- Moudud finds judges disciplinary rules ‘unconstitional’
- IUTA election Wednesday
- 2 cousins hacked dead in Gazipur
- SWBEC to benefit BD, neighbours, says Muhith
- MPs call for rounding off Doha Round
- 6 more cases filed against Mahmudur Rahman
- NYC commuters returning to subway amid heightened security
- Akayed Ullah ‘born and brought up in Dhaka’
- Bank account now with only Tk 2; Daak Taka launched
Special security measures for smooth celebration of Durga Puja
Home Minister Asaduzzaman Khan on Sunday said special security arrangements will be taken to ensure the smooth observation of Durga Puja, the biggest religious festival of the Hindu community.
The minister came up with the remark while addressing a meeting at the secretariat with the chiefs of the different law enforcing agencies and the leaders of puja celebration committee.
The law enforcers will take all-out measures to maintain country’s law and order situation from September 26 to September 30 so that the Hindu community can celebrate Durga Puja with festive mood and much enthusiasm, he said.
Some 30,077 puja mandops will be set up throughout the country including 231 in the capital, said Asaduzzaman.