- Nat’l election: BNP renews demand for dialogue
- 21 eminent citizens receive Ekushey Padak
- Work to gain people’s confidence, President asks PSC
- Appeal filed with HC against Khaleda’s sentence
- Maintain distinctive characters of Bangla: PM
- PM invites her Dutch counterpart to launch BD Delta Plan
- 50 BNP men hurt in clash with police, 20 held
- 17 killed in garbage dump collapse in Mozambique
- Angry mob killed suspects in murder of girl in India
- RU students demand revision of quota systems in gov’t jobs
Special security measures for smooth celebration of Durga Puja
Home Minister Asaduzzaman Khan on Sunday said special security arrangements will be taken to ensure the smooth observation of Durga Puja, the biggest religious festival of the Hindu community.
The minister came up with the remark while addressing a meeting at the secretariat with the chiefs of the different law enforcing agencies and the leaders of puja celebration committee.
The law enforcers will take all-out measures to maintain country’s law and order situation from September 26 to September 30 so that the Hindu community can celebrate Durga Puja with festive mood and much enthusiasm, he said.
Some 30,077 puja mandops will be set up throughout the country including 231 in the capital, said Asaduzzaman.