- PM says Rohingya problem could be solved with her 5-point proposal
- New satellite image shows mass destruction in Rakhine
- 2 suspected robbers held in Moulvibazar
- 5 of a Bangladeshi family killed in Kuwait fire
- Indian citizen held with 18 gold bars
- Fake doctor, assistant held in Chandpur
- Foreign Minister to visit Myanmar Nov 19
- US, Japan agree to maximize diplomatic pressure on N. Korea
- Maintain objectivity in journalism: President
- Cabinet clears Surcharge Management Policy to control tobacco
5,314 sacks hoarded rice found in Rajshahi
A mobile court in a drive found 5,314 sacks of hoarded rice in two rice mills of Sopura area in city on Monday afternoon.
Subrata Paul, additional district magistrate, said that the mobile court conducted the drive in Ha-mim and Aslam rice mills in the afternoon and found 4,029 sacks and 1,285 sacks of rice hoarded in the mills respectively.
The mill owners could not show any valid documents in this regard.
Two people were arrested from two separate mills in this connection, added the magistrate.