- Nat’l election: BNP renews demand for dialogue
- 21 eminent citizens receive Ekushey Padak
- Work to gain people’s confidence, President asks PSC
- Appeal filed with HC against Khaleda’s sentence
- Maintain distinctive characters of Bangla: PM
- PM invites her Dutch counterpart to launch BD Delta Plan
- 50 BNP men hurt in clash with police, 20 held
- 17 killed in garbage dump collapse in Mozambique
- Angry mob killed suspects in murder of girl in India
- RU students demand revision of quota systems in gov’t jobs
5,314 sacks hoarded rice found in Rajshahi
A mobile court in a drive found 5,314 sacks of hoarded rice in two rice mills of Sopura area in city on Monday afternoon.
Subrata Paul, additional district magistrate, said that the mobile court conducted the drive in Ha-mim and Aslam rice mills in the afternoon and found 4,029 sacks and 1,285 sacks of rice hoarded in the mills respectively.
The mill owners could not show any valid documents in this regard.
Two people were arrested from two separate mills in this connection, added the magistrate.