- Rangpur Riders new BPL champions dethroning Dhaka Dynamites
- Moudud finds judges disciplinary rules ‘unconstitional’
- IUTA election Wednesday
- 2 cousins hacked dead in Gazipur
- SWBEC to benefit BD, neighbours, says Muhith
- MPs call for rounding off Doha Round
- 6 more cases filed against Mahmudur Rahman
- NYC commuters returning to subway amid heightened security
- Akayed Ullah ‘born and brought up in Dhaka’
- Bank account now with only Tk 2; Daak Taka launched
5,314 sacks hoarded rice found in Rajshahi
A mobile court in a drive found 5,314 sacks of hoarded rice in two rice mills of Sopura area in city on Monday afternoon.
Subrata Paul, additional district magistrate, said that the mobile court conducted the drive in Ha-mim and Aslam rice mills in the afternoon and found 4,029 sacks and 1,285 sacks of rice hoarded in the mills respectively.
The mill owners could not show any valid documents in this regard.
Two people were arrested from two separate mills in this connection, added the magistrate.