- Nat’l election: BNP renews demand for dialogue
- 21 eminent citizens receive Ekushey Padak
- Work to gain people’s confidence, President asks PSC
- Appeal filed with HC against Khaleda’s sentence
- Maintain distinctive characters of Bangla: PM
- PM invites her Dutch counterpart to launch BD Delta Plan
- 50 BNP men hurt in clash with police, 20 held
- 17 killed in garbage dump collapse in Mozambique
- Angry mob killed suspects in murder of girl in India
- RU students demand revision of quota systems in gov’t jobs
Sunamganj people in trouble for doubling OMS rice price
The distressed people of Sunamganj are in great trouble to buy rice from the open market sale (OMS) as the government has doubled its price.
The district administration launched the OMS of rice at Tk 30 per kilogramme from Sunday which was sold earlier at Tk 15 per kg.
As the food crisis in haor areas turned into a serious problem, the farmers, who lost their crops in recent floods, are demanding to decrease the price of rice.
Since April 9, the district administration has been selling the OMS rice at the rate of Tk 15 per kg at 110 dealer points in the district to meet the necessity of the flood victims.
With the increase of rice price, the disappointment among the farmers and distressed people also increased.