- Rangpur Riders new BPL champions dethroning Dhaka Dynamites
- Moudud finds judges disciplinary rules ‘unconstitional’
- IUTA election Wednesday
- 2 cousins hacked dead in Gazipur
- SWBEC to benefit BD, neighbours, says Muhith
- MPs call for rounding off Doha Round
- 6 more cases filed against Mahmudur Rahman
- NYC commuters returning to subway amid heightened security
- Akayed Ullah ‘born and brought up in Dhaka’
- Bank account now with only Tk 2; Daak Taka launched
Sunamganj people in trouble for doubling OMS rice price
The distressed people of Sunamganj are in great trouble to buy rice from the open market sale (OMS) as the government has doubled its price.
The district administration launched the OMS of rice at Tk 30 per kilogramme from Sunday which was sold earlier at Tk 15 per kg.
As the food crisis in haor areas turned into a serious problem, the farmers, who lost their crops in recent floods, are demanding to decrease the price of rice.
Since April 9, the district administration has been selling the OMS rice at the rate of Tk 15 per kg at 110 dealer points in the district to meet the necessity of the flood victims.
With the increase of rice price, the disappointment among the farmers and distressed people also increased.