- Maintain objectivity in journalism: President
- Cabinet clears Surcharge Management Policy to control tobacco
- Kader Siddique seeks CEC’s removal
- ACC to interrogate Labaid Group MD
- 13 edu institutions shut in Cox’s Bazar after Rohingya influx
- Allegations against Sinha ‘cooked up to contain him’: BNP
- UK leader makes surprise Brussels trip to undo Brexit logjam
- Portugal wildfires kill at least 27; 4 dead in Spain
- 5,000 more Rohingyas enter Bangladesh
- Rohingya boat capsize death toll rises to 12
Sunamganj people in trouble for doubling OMS rice price
The distressed people of Sunamganj are in great trouble to buy rice from the open market sale (OMS) as the government has doubled its price.
The district administration launched the OMS of rice at Tk 30 per kilogramme from Sunday which was sold earlier at Tk 15 per kg.
As the food crisis in haor areas turned into a serious problem, the farmers, who lost their crops in recent floods, are demanding to decrease the price of rice.
Since April 9, the district administration has been selling the OMS rice at the rate of Tk 15 per kg at 110 dealer points in the district to meet the necessity of the flood victims.
With the increase of rice price, the disappointment among the farmers and distressed people also increased.