- Maintain objectivity in journalism: President
- Cabinet clears Surcharge Management Policy to control tobacco
- Kader Siddique seeks CEC’s removal
- ACC to interrogate Labaid Group MD
- 13 edu institutions shut in Cox’s Bazar after Rohingya influx
- Allegations against Sinha ‘cooked up to contain him’: BNP
- UK leader makes surprise Brussels trip to undo Brexit logjam
- Portugal wildfires kill at least 27; 4 dead in Spain
- 5,000 more Rohingyas enter Bangladesh
- Rohingya boat capsize death toll rises to 12
Noakhali boat capsize kills 4
At least four people were killed as a boat capsized near Janatabazar Ghat of the Meghna River in Hatia upazila on Tuesday.
The identities of the deceased could not be found yet.
The boat sank around 10:30am after it collided with a pontoon of Bangladesh Army near the Janatabazar Ghat, said officer-in-charge of Hatia Police Station Abdul Majid.
Later, police recovered four bodies from the spot, he added.