- Rangpur Riders new BPL champions dethroning Dhaka Dynamites
- Moudud finds judges disciplinary rules ‘unconstitional’
- IUTA election Wednesday
- 2 cousins hacked dead in Gazipur
- SWBEC to benefit BD, neighbours, says Muhith
- MPs call for rounding off Doha Round
- 6 more cases filed against Mahmudur Rahman
- NYC commuters returning to subway amid heightened security
- Akayed Ullah ‘born and brought up in Dhaka’
- Bank account now with only Tk 2; Daak Taka launched
20 gold bars worth Tk 1 cr seized at Dhaka airport
Customs officials seized 20 gold bars worth about Tk one crore from a flight of Biman Bangladesh Airlines at Hazrat Shahjalal International Airport in Dhaka on Wednesday.
Tipped off, a team of customs intelligence conducted a raid in the flight, which landed at the airport from Malaysia this morning, said Dr Moinul Khan, director general of Customs Intelligence and Investigation Directorate (CIID).
Later, the team recovered 20 gold bars weighing two kilograms from the flight, he added.