- Maintain objectivity in journalism: President
- Cabinet clears Surcharge Management Policy to control tobacco
- Kader Siddique seeks CEC’s removal
- ACC to interrogate Labaid Group MD
- 13 edu institutions shut in Cox’s Bazar after Rohingya influx
- Allegations against Sinha ‘cooked up to contain him’: BNP
- UK leader makes surprise Brussels trip to undo Brexit logjam
- Portugal wildfires kill at least 27; 4 dead in Spain
- 5,000 more Rohingyas enter Bangladesh
- Rohingya boat capsize death toll rises to 12
20 gold bars worth Tk 1 cr seized at Dhaka airport
Customs officials seized 20 gold bars worth about Tk one crore from a flight of Biman Bangladesh Airlines at Hazrat Shahjalal International Airport in Dhaka on Wednesday.
Tipped off, a team of customs intelligence conducted a raid in the flight, which landed at the airport from Malaysia this morning, said Dr Moinul Khan, director general of Customs Intelligence and Investigation Directorate (CIID).
Later, the team recovered 20 gold bars weighing two kilograms from the flight, he added.