- Nat’l election: BNP renews demand for dialogue
- 21 eminent citizens receive Ekushey Padak
- Work to gain people’s confidence, President asks PSC
- Appeal filed with HC against Khaleda’s sentence
- Maintain distinctive characters of Bangla: PM
- PM invites her Dutch counterpart to launch BD Delta Plan
- 50 BNP men hurt in clash with police, 20 held
- 17 killed in garbage dump collapse in Mozambique
- Angry mob killed suspects in murder of girl in India
- RU students demand revision of quota systems in gov’t jobs
20 gold bars worth Tk 1 cr seized at Dhaka airport
Customs officials seized 20 gold bars worth about Tk one crore from a flight of Biman Bangladesh Airlines at Hazrat Shahjalal International Airport in Dhaka on Wednesday.
Tipped off, a team of customs intelligence conducted a raid in the flight, which landed at the airport from Malaysia this morning, said Dr Moinul Khan, director general of Customs Intelligence and Investigation Directorate (CIID).
Later, the team recovered 20 gold bars weighing two kilograms from the flight, he added.