- Maintain objectivity in journalism: President
- Cabinet clears Surcharge Management Policy to control tobacco
- Kader Siddique seeks CEC’s removal
- ACC to interrogate Labaid Group MD
- 13 edu institutions shut in Cox’s Bazar after Rohingya influx
- Allegations against Sinha ‘cooked up to contain him’: BNP
- UK leader makes surprise Brussels trip to undo Brexit logjam
- Portugal wildfires kill at least 27; 4 dead in Spain
- 5,000 more Rohingyas enter Bangladesh
- Rohingya boat capsize death toll rises to 12
50 hospitalised due to ‘food poisoning’ in Thakurgaon
At least 50 people of Singarol village in Pirganj upazila have been hospitalised since Tuesday evening after they fell sick due to suspected food poisoning.
Pirganj upazila administration has formed a five-member probe body to investigate into the matter.
On information, Upazila Nirbahi Officer AWM Raihan Shah visited the ailing people at Pirganj Health Complex and enquired about their treatment.
Relatives of patients said hours after having meals at a marriage ceremony of Jahidul, son of Aminul Haque, they started falling ill with vomiting, lose motion, headache, fever since Tuesday morning.
As their condition was deteriorating, they were brought to upazila health complex in the evening.
Of them, 35 people got admitted to the hospital and 20 others were released after given first aid.