- Bangladesh finishes 3rd in South Asian Badminton
- Rangpur Riders new BPL champions dethroning Dhaka Dynamites
- Moudud finds judges disciplinary rules ‘unconstitional’
- IUTA election Wednesday
- 2 cousins hacked dead in Gazipur
- SWBEC to benefit BD, neighbours, says Muhith
- MPs call for rounding off Doha Round
- 6 more cases filed against Mahmudur Rahman
- NYC commuters returning to subway amid heightened security
- Akayed Ullah ‘born and brought up in Dhaka’
50 hospitalised due to ‘food poisoning’ in Thakurgaon
At least 50 people of Singarol village in Pirganj upazila have been hospitalised since Tuesday evening after they fell sick due to suspected food poisoning.
Pirganj upazila administration has formed a five-member probe body to investigate into the matter.
On information, Upazila Nirbahi Officer AWM Raihan Shah visited the ailing people at Pirganj Health Complex and enquired about their treatment.
Relatives of patients said hours after having meals at a marriage ceremony of Jahidul, son of Aminul Haque, they started falling ill with vomiting, lose motion, headache, fever since Tuesday morning.
As their condition was deteriorating, they were brought to upazila health complex in the evening.
Of them, 35 people got admitted to the hospital and 20 others were released after given first aid.