- Nat’l election: BNP renews demand for dialogue
- 21 eminent citizens receive Ekushey Padak
- Work to gain people’s confidence, President asks PSC
- Appeal filed with HC against Khaleda’s sentence
- Maintain distinctive characters of Bangla: PM
- PM invites her Dutch counterpart to launch BD Delta Plan
- 50 BNP men hurt in clash with police, 20 held
- 17 killed in garbage dump collapse in Mozambique
- Angry mob killed suspects in murder of girl in India
- RU students demand revision of quota systems in gov’t jobs
50 hospitalised due to ‘food poisoning’ in Thakurgaon
At least 50 people of Singarol village in Pirganj upazila have been hospitalised since Tuesday evening after they fell sick due to suspected food poisoning.
Pirganj upazila administration has formed a five-member probe body to investigate into the matter.
On information, Upazila Nirbahi Officer AWM Raihan Shah visited the ailing people at Pirganj Health Complex and enquired about their treatment.
Relatives of patients said hours after having meals at a marriage ceremony of Jahidul, son of Aminul Haque, they started falling ill with vomiting, lose motion, headache, fever since Tuesday morning.
As their condition was deteriorating, they were brought to upazila health complex in the evening.
Of them, 35 people got admitted to the hospital and 20 others were released after given first aid.