- PM says Rohingya problem could be solved with her 5-point proposal
- New satellite image shows mass destruction in Rakhine
- 2 suspected robbers held in Moulvibazar
- 5 of a Bangladeshi family killed in Kuwait fire
- Indian citizen held with 18 gold bars
- Fake doctor, assistant held in Chandpur
- Foreign Minister to visit Myanmar Nov 19
- US, Japan agree to maximize diplomatic pressure on N. Korea
- Maintain objectivity in journalism: President
- Cabinet clears Surcharge Management Policy to control tobacco
Moosa to be blocked from leaving country
Customs Intelligence and Investigate Directorate (CIID) has sent a letter to Special Branch of police asking them to take necessary steps so that controversial business tycoon Moosa Bin Shamsher can’t leave Bangladesh.
The letter, signed by ACC assistant director Shahiduzzaman Sarkar, has been sent to additional inspector general of police (Special Branch) Jabed Patwari recently, said CIID Director General Dr Moinul Khan on Tuesday.
Earlier, CIID sent a letter to DATCO Group chairman Moosa Bin Shamsher asking him to disclose the source of Tk 96,000 crore he has deposited into his Swiss Bank account.