- Nat’l election: BNP renews demand for dialogue
- 21 eminent citizens receive Ekushey Padak
- Work to gain people’s confidence, President asks PSC
- Appeal filed with HC against Khaleda’s sentence
- Maintain distinctive characters of Bangla: PM
- PM invites her Dutch counterpart to launch BD Delta Plan
- 50 BNP men hurt in clash with police, 20 held
- 17 killed in garbage dump collapse in Mozambique
- Angry mob killed suspects in murder of girl in India
- RU students demand revision of quota systems in gov’t jobs
Moosa to be blocked from leaving country
Customs Intelligence and Investigate Directorate (CIID) has sent a letter to Special Branch of police asking them to take necessary steps so that controversial business tycoon Moosa Bin Shamsher can’t leave Bangladesh.
The letter, signed by ACC assistant director Shahiduzzaman Sarkar, has been sent to additional inspector general of police (Special Branch) Jabed Patwari recently, said CIID Director General Dr Moinul Khan on Tuesday.
Earlier, CIID sent a letter to DATCO Group chairman Moosa Bin Shamsher asking him to disclose the source of Tk 96,000 crore he has deposited into his Swiss Bank account.