- Nat’l election: BNP renews demand for dialogue
- 21 eminent citizens receive Ekushey Padak
- Work to gain people’s confidence, President asks PSC
- Appeal filed with HC against Khaleda’s sentence
- Maintain distinctive characters of Bangla: PM
- PM invites her Dutch counterpart to launch BD Delta Plan
- 50 BNP men hurt in clash with police, 20 held
- 17 killed in garbage dump collapse in Mozambique
- Angry mob killed suspects in murder of girl in India
- RU students demand revision of quota systems in gov’t jobs
BNP accuses AL men of attacking puja mandaps
BNP on Tuesday alleged that the ‘ruling party’ men are attacking different puja mandaps and idols of the Hindu community across the country as part of its foul politics.
“The Awami cadres have indulged in vandalising idols at different puja mandaps. The attacks on puja mandaps in Satkhira, Natore, Manikganj and Jessore are unprecedented ones. It’s part of Awami League’s foul politics. We strongly condemn and protest the incidents,” said BNP senior joint secretary general Ruhul Kabir Rizvi.
He came up with the allegation while speaking at a press conference at BNP’s Nayapaltan central office.
Rizvi said 15 puja mandaps came under attack in Manikganj while 18 in Natore.