- Maintain objectivity in journalism: President
- Cabinet clears Surcharge Management Policy to control tobacco
- Kader Siddique seeks CEC’s removal
- ACC to interrogate Labaid Group MD
- 13 edu institutions shut in Cox’s Bazar after Rohingya influx
- Allegations against Sinha ‘cooked up to contain him’: BNP
- UK leader makes surprise Brussels trip to undo Brexit logjam
- Portugal wildfires kill at least 27; 4 dead in Spain
- 5,000 more Rohingyas enter Bangladesh
- Rohingya boat capsize death toll rises to 12
BNP accuses AL men of attacking puja mandaps
BNP on Tuesday alleged that the ‘ruling party’ men are attacking different puja mandaps and idols of the Hindu community across the country as part of its foul politics.
“The Awami cadres have indulged in vandalising idols at different puja mandaps. The attacks on puja mandaps in Satkhira, Natore, Manikganj and Jessore are unprecedented ones. It’s part of Awami League’s foul politics. We strongly condemn and protest the incidents,” said BNP senior joint secretary general Ruhul Kabir Rizvi.
He came up with the allegation while speaking at a press conference at BNP’s Nayapaltan central office.
Rizvi said 15 puja mandaps came under attack in Manikganj while 18 in Natore.