- Rangpur Riders new BPL champions dethroning Dhaka Dynamites
- Moudud finds judges disciplinary rules ‘unconstitional’
- IUTA election Wednesday
- 2 cousins hacked dead in Gazipur
- SWBEC to benefit BD, neighbours, says Muhith
- MPs call for rounding off Doha Round
- 6 more cases filed against Mahmudur Rahman
- NYC commuters returning to subway amid heightened security
- Akayed Ullah ‘born and brought up in Dhaka’
- Bank account now with only Tk 2; Daak Taka launched
Resolve Rohingya crisis ‘before it’s too late’, PM to OIC
New York, BdChronicle:
Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina has called upon the OIC member states to show a unity for solving the Rohingya crisis before it is too late and placed some proposals before the OIC, including full implementation of the recommendations made by the Kofi Annan Commission.
"I call upon OIC countries to show a unity to solve the Rohingya crisis before it is too late. Bangladesh is ready to join any initiative that OIC plans to take,” she said.
The Prime Minister made the plea while speaking at the Meeting of OIC Contact Group on Rohingya Muslim Minority at the UN Headquarters here with OIC Secretary General Dr Yousef Al Othaimeen in the chair on Tuesday.
Mentioning that the crisis has its root in Myanmar and its solution has to be found in Myanmar, Hasina said, “We want to see an end to the ‘ethnic cleansing’. The plights of our Muslim brothers and sisters need to be stopped as well.”