- Bangladesh finishes 3rd in South Asian Badminton
- Rangpur Riders new BPL champions dethroning Dhaka Dynamites
- Moudud finds judges disciplinary rules ‘unconstitional’
- IUTA election Wednesday
- 2 cousins hacked dead in Gazipur
- SWBEC to benefit BD, neighbours, says Muhith
- MPs call for rounding off Doha Round
- 6 more cases filed against Mahmudur Rahman
- NYC commuters returning to subway amid heightened security
- Akayed Ullah ‘born and brought up in Dhaka’
6 killed in Munshiganj textile mill fire
At least six people were killed in a devastating fire at a textile factory in Char Mokterpur area of Sadar upazila on Wednesday morning.
The identities of the deceased – five men and one woman - could not be known immediately.
Zainal Abedin, in-charge of River Police Outpost in Mukterpur, said the fire broke out around 10:00 am and spread in the mills quickly.
Being informed, four fire units from Munshiganj and Narayanganj rushed to the site and were trying to bring the flames under control.
Meanwhile, firefighters recovered six bodies from the textile mill, said the police official.
However, the extent of loss could not be known immediately.