- Nat’l election: BNP renews demand for dialogue
- 21 eminent citizens receive Ekushey Padak
- Work to gain people’s confidence, President asks PSC
- Appeal filed with HC against Khaleda’s sentence
- Maintain distinctive characters of Bangla: PM
- PM invites her Dutch counterpart to launch BD Delta Plan
- 50 BNP men hurt in clash with police, 20 held
- 17 killed in garbage dump collapse in Mozambique
- Angry mob killed suspects in murder of girl in India
- RU students demand revision of quota systems in gov’t jobs
6 killed in Munshiganj textile mill fire
At least six people were killed in a devastating fire at a textile factory in Char Mokterpur area of Sadar upazila on Wednesday morning.
The identities of the deceased – five men and one woman - could not be known immediately.
Zainal Abedin, in-charge of River Police Outpost in Mukterpur, said the fire broke out around 10:00 am and spread in the mills quickly.
Being informed, four fire units from Munshiganj and Narayanganj rushed to the site and were trying to bring the flames under control.
Meanwhile, firefighters recovered six bodies from the textile mill, said the police official.
However, the extent of loss could not be known immediately.