- Maintain objectivity in journalism: President
- Cabinet clears Surcharge Management Policy to control tobacco
- Kader Siddique seeks CEC’s removal
- ACC to interrogate Labaid Group MD
- 13 edu institutions shut in Cox’s Bazar after Rohingya influx
- Allegations against Sinha ‘cooked up to contain him’: BNP
- UK leader makes surprise Brussels trip to undo Brexit logjam
- Portugal wildfires kill at least 27; 4 dead in Spain
- 5,000 more Rohingyas enter Bangladesh
- Rohingya boat capsize death toll rises to 12
6 killed in Munshiganj textile mill fire
At least six people were killed in a devastating fire at a textile factory in Char Mokterpur area of Sadar upazila on Wednesday morning.
The identities of the deceased – five men and one woman - could not be known immediately.
Zainal Abedin, in-charge of River Police Outpost in Mukterpur, said the fire broke out around 10:00 am and spread in the mills quickly.
Being informed, four fire units from Munshiganj and Narayanganj rushed to the site and were trying to bring the flames under control.
Meanwhile, firefighters recovered six bodies from the textile mill, said the police official.
However, the extent of loss could not be known immediately.