- PM says Rohingya problem could be solved with her 5-point proposal
- New satellite image shows mass destruction in Rakhine
- 2 suspected robbers held in Moulvibazar
- 5 of a Bangladeshi family killed in Kuwait fire
- Indian citizen held with 18 gold bars
- Fake doctor, assistant held in Chandpur
- Foreign Minister to visit Myanmar Nov 19
- US, Japan agree to maximize diplomatic pressure on N. Korea
- Maintain objectivity in journalism: President
- Cabinet clears Surcharge Management Policy to control tobacco
Female prisoner dies at Kashimpur jail
A female prisoner of Kashimpur Women’s jail on died at a hospital here on Thursday morning.
The deceased was identified as Shukkuri Begum, 42, wife of Haider Ali of Gazir intersection area of Laksham upazila in Comilla district.
Shah Jahan Ahmed, senior superintendent of the jail, said Shukkuri, accused in a drug case, felt chest pain on Wednesday night.
Later, she was taken to Shaheed Taj Uddin Medical College and Hospital where she died on Thursday morning.
Police arrested her on September 8 in the case.