- Nat’l election: BNP renews demand for dialogue
- 21 eminent citizens receive Ekushey Padak
- Work to gain people’s confidence, President asks PSC
- Appeal filed with HC against Khaleda’s sentence
- Maintain distinctive characters of Bangla: PM
- PM invites her Dutch counterpart to launch BD Delta Plan
- 50 BNP men hurt in clash with police, 20 held
- 17 killed in garbage dump collapse in Mozambique
- Angry mob killed suspects in murder of girl in India
- RU students demand revision of quota systems in gov’t jobs
Female prisoner dies at Kashimpur jail
A female prisoner of Kashimpur Women’s jail on died at a hospital here on Thursday morning.
The deceased was identified as Shukkuri Begum, 42, wife of Haider Ali of Gazir intersection area of Laksham upazila in Comilla district.
Shah Jahan Ahmed, senior superintendent of the jail, said Shukkuri, accused in a drug case, felt chest pain on Wednesday night.
Later, she was taken to Shaheed Taj Uddin Medical College and Hospital where she died on Thursday morning.
Police arrested her on September 8 in the case.