- Nat’l election: BNP renews demand for dialogue
- 21 eminent citizens receive Ekushey Padak
- Work to gain people’s confidence, President asks PSC
- Appeal filed with HC against Khaleda’s sentence
- Maintain distinctive characters of Bangla: PM
- PM invites her Dutch counterpart to launch BD Delta Plan
- 50 BNP men hurt in clash with police, 20 held
- 17 killed in garbage dump collapse in Mozambique
- Angry mob killed suspects in murder of girl in India
- RU students demand revision of quota systems in gov’t jobs
Force Myanmar to take back Rohingyas, PM to IOM DG
New York, BdChronicle:
Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina on Wednesday urged Director General of the International Organization for Migration (IOM) William Lacy Swing to create pressure on Myanmar government to take back Rohingya refugees from Bangladesh.
She made the call when the IOM DG met her at her hotel suite.
Foreign Secretary M Shahidul Haque briefed reporters after the meeting. PM’s Press Secretary Ihsanul Karim was present.
"They (Rohingyas) have to go back to their homeland, create international pressure on Myanmar so that they take steps to bring their citizens back,” Shahidul Haque quoted the Prime Minister as saying.
The IOM DG thanked the Bangladesh Prime Minister for giving shelter to the Rohingya refugees and informed her of the relief operation of IOM for Rohingyas.