- Nat’l election: BNP renews demand for dialogue
- 21 eminent citizens receive Ekushey Padak
- Work to gain people’s confidence, President asks PSC
- Appeal filed with HC against Khaleda’s sentence
- Maintain distinctive characters of Bangla: PM
- PM invites her Dutch counterpart to launch BD Delta Plan
- 50 BNP men hurt in clash with police, 20 held
- 17 killed in garbage dump collapse in Mozambique
- Angry mob killed suspects in murder of girl in India
- RU students demand revision of quota systems in gov’t jobs
Memorial meeting on noted personalities of Bengali Literature
A three-day long memorial meeting on three prominent personalities of Bengali Literature will begin at Poet Shamsur Rahman Seminar Room of Bangla Academy on Saturday.
The academy will organise the programme to remember the life and works of the language movement hero Ajit Kumar Guha, poet Mahbub-ul-Alam, and researcher, litterateur and educationist Muhammad Enamul Haq.
Discussion on Ajit kumar Guha will be held on the first day of the event.
Director General of Bangla Academy Professor Shamsuzzaman Khan will deliver welcome speech on the occasion while celebrated researcher-essayist Mofidul Hoque will present the key speech.
Bangla Academy President Professor Emeritus Anisuzzaman will preside over the memorial meet.