- PM says Rohingya problem could be solved with her 5-point proposal
- New satellite image shows mass destruction in Rakhine
- 2 suspected robbers held in Moulvibazar
- 5 of a Bangladeshi family killed in Kuwait fire
- Indian citizen held with 18 gold bars
- Fake doctor, assistant held in Chandpur
- Foreign Minister to visit Myanmar Nov 19
- US, Japan agree to maximize diplomatic pressure on N. Korea
- Maintain objectivity in journalism: President
- Cabinet clears Surcharge Management Policy to control tobacco
Memorial meeting on noted personalities of Bengali Literature
A three-day long memorial meeting on three prominent personalities of Bengali Literature will begin at Poet Shamsur Rahman Seminar Room of Bangla Academy on Saturday.
The academy will organise the programme to remember the life and works of the language movement hero Ajit Kumar Guha, poet Mahbub-ul-Alam, and researcher, litterateur and educationist Muhammad Enamul Haq.
Discussion on Ajit kumar Guha will be held on the first day of the event.
Director General of Bangla Academy Professor Shamsuzzaman Khan will deliver welcome speech on the occasion while celebrated researcher-essayist Mofidul Hoque will present the key speech.
Bangla Academy President Professor Emeritus Anisuzzaman will preside over the memorial meet.