- Islami Bank opens 331st branch at Phulpur of Mymensingh
- Bangladesh finishes 3rd in South Asian Badminton
- Rangpur Riders new BPL champions dethroning Dhaka Dynamites
- Moudud finds judges disciplinary rules ‘unconstitional’
- IUTA election Wednesday
- 2 cousins hacked dead in Gazipur
- SWBEC to benefit BD, neighbours, says Muhith
- MPs call for rounding off Doha Round
- 6 more cases filed against Mahmudur Rahman
- NYC commuters returning to subway amid heightened security
AFC U16 Champs: Bangladesh concede 0-2 loss to Yemen
Bangladesh lost to Yemen 0-2 goals in their Group E match of the AFC Under-16 Championship Qualifiers at the Grand Hamad Stadium in Doha on Friday.
Yemen, who beat hosts Qatar 6-1 in their opening match, found the going tough against their South Asian opponents, especially in the first half.
But a penalty goal few seconds before end of the first half, converted by defender Sultan Yousef Thabit, and another goal in the stopgap time after 90 minutes by Osamah Samer Al Baadani ensured the victory for Yemenis.
Bangladesh coach Mustafa Anowar Parvez said, “We tried to play our game throughout. We played very well, especially in the beginning, but two defensive mistakes cost us the game.”
“We’ll try to do our best against Qatar. Every game is a new experience for our boys,” Parvez said at the post-match press conference.
Bangladesh will take on Qatar in the last match of the group on Sunday.