- No election without Khaleda, says BNP
- No wicked person in police force to be tolerated: Minister
- UK lifts ban on air cargo flights from Dhaka
- BNP submits memo to DC office seeking Khaleda’s release
- BNP to submit memo to DC offices Sunday
- Ban on holding rallies in city still in force: Minister
- BD preparing to hold OIC FMs meet in May
- IOM asked Rohingya kids to draw their dream
- Unable to get at source, authorities target kids at retail level
- ‘Rape’ victim attempts suicide in N’ganj
AFC U16 Champs: Bangladesh concede 0-2 loss to Yemen
Bangladesh lost to Yemen 0-2 goals in their Group E match of the AFC Under-16 Championship Qualifiers at the Grand Hamad Stadium in Doha on Friday.
Yemen, who beat hosts Qatar 6-1 in their opening match, found the going tough against their South Asian opponents, especially in the first half.
But a penalty goal few seconds before end of the first half, converted by defender Sultan Yousef Thabit, and another goal in the stopgap time after 90 minutes by Osamah Samer Al Baadani ensured the victory for Yemenis.
Bangladesh coach Mustafa Anowar Parvez said, “We tried to play our game throughout. We played very well, especially in the beginning, but two defensive mistakes cost us the game.”
“We’ll try to do our best against Qatar. Every game is a new experience for our boys,” Parvez said at the post-match press conference.
Bangladesh will take on Qatar in the last match of the group on Sunday.