- Rangpur Riders new BPL champions dethroning Dhaka Dynamites
- Moudud finds judges disciplinary rules ‘unconstitional’
- IUTA election Wednesday
- 2 cousins hacked dead in Gazipur
- SWBEC to benefit BD, neighbours, says Muhith
- MPs call for rounding off Doha Round
- 6 more cases filed against Mahmudur Rahman
- NYC commuters returning to subway amid heightened security
- Akayed Ullah ‘born and brought up in Dhaka’
- Bank account now with only Tk 2; Daak Taka launched
UN chief for implementing Annan commission’s report on Rakhine
UN Secretary General Antonio Guterres has underlined the importance for all stakeholders to implement the recommendations of the final report of the Advisory Commission on Rakhine State without delay.
He expressed concern about the regional security implications following the violence and the situation in Rakhine State.
The UN chief met Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina on Thursday and discussed the issues.
He commended the government’s generous response to the crisis and offered the United Nations’ full support, according to a readout of the meeting a copy of which UNB obtained from the UN headquarters.