- Nat’l election: BNP renews demand for dialogue
- 21 eminent citizens receive Ekushey Padak
- Work to gain people’s confidence, President asks PSC
- Appeal filed with HC against Khaleda’s sentence
- Maintain distinctive characters of Bangla: PM
- PM invites her Dutch counterpart to launch BD Delta Plan
- 50 BNP men hurt in clash with police, 20 held
- 17 killed in garbage dump collapse in Mozambique
- Angry mob killed suspects in murder of girl in India
- RU students demand revision of quota systems in gov’t jobs
UN chief for implementing Annan commission’s report on Rakhine
UN Secretary General Antonio Guterres has underlined the importance for all stakeholders to implement the recommendations of the final report of the Advisory Commission on Rakhine State without delay.
He expressed concern about the regional security implications following the violence and the situation in Rakhine State.
The UN chief met Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina on Thursday and discussed the issues.
He commended the government’s generous response to the crisis and offered the United Nations’ full support, according to a readout of the meeting a copy of which UNB obtained from the UN headquarters.