- Maintain objectivity in journalism: President
- Cabinet clears Surcharge Management Policy to control tobacco
- Kader Siddique seeks CEC’s removal
- ACC to interrogate Labaid Group MD
- 13 edu institutions shut in Cox’s Bazar after Rohingya influx
- Allegations against Sinha ‘cooked up to contain him’: BNP
- UK leader makes surprise Brussels trip to undo Brexit logjam
- Portugal wildfires kill at least 27; 4 dead in Spain
- 5,000 more Rohingyas enter Bangladesh
- Rohingya boat capsize death toll rises to 12
UN chief for implementing Annan commission’s report on Rakhine
UN Secretary General Antonio Guterres has underlined the importance for all stakeholders to implement the recommendations of the final report of the Advisory Commission on Rakhine State without delay.
He expressed concern about the regional security implications following the violence and the situation in Rakhine State.
The UN chief met Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina on Thursday and discussed the issues.
He commended the government’s generous response to the crisis and offered the United Nations’ full support, according to a readout of the meeting a copy of which UNB obtained from the UN headquarters.