- Nat’l election: BNP renews demand for dialogue
- 21 eminent citizens receive Ekushey Padak
- Work to gain people’s confidence, President asks PSC
- Appeal filed with HC against Khaleda’s sentence
- Maintain distinctive characters of Bangla: PM
- PM invites her Dutch counterpart to launch BD Delta Plan
- 50 BNP men hurt in clash with police, 20 held
- 17 killed in garbage dump collapse in Mozambique
- Angry mob killed suspects in murder of girl in India
- RU students demand revision of quota systems in gov’t jobs
Youth held with fake currency notes
Detectives in a drive arrested a young man in possession of 1,088 fake currency notes amounting to TK 88,000 from a mango orchard in Sheikh Hasina Bridge area of Sadar upazila on Friday afternoon.
Abdul Karim, sub-inspector of district detective branch of police, said that on secret information, a team of DB conducted a drive in the area around 4:15 pm and arrested Anwar Hossain Hawlader, son of Shah Alam, hailing from Choto Laxmipur village in Muladi upazila of Barisal district.
A case was filed in this connection.