- Maintain objectivity in journalism: President
- Cabinet clears Surcharge Management Policy to control tobacco
- Kader Siddique seeks CEC’s removal
- ACC to interrogate Labaid Group MD
- 13 edu institutions shut in Cox’s Bazar after Rohingya influx
- Allegations against Sinha ‘cooked up to contain him’: BNP
- UK leader makes surprise Brussels trip to undo Brexit logjam
- Portugal wildfires kill at least 27; 4 dead in Spain
- 5,000 more Rohingyas enter Bangladesh
- Rohingya boat capsize death toll rises to 12
Youth held with fake currency notes
Detectives in a drive arrested a young man in possession of 1,088 fake currency notes amounting to TK 88,000 from a mango orchard in Sheikh Hasina Bridge area of Sadar upazila on Friday afternoon.
Abdul Karim, sub-inspector of district detective branch of police, said that on secret information, a team of DB conducted a drive in the area around 4:15 pm and arrested Anwar Hossain Hawlader, son of Shah Alam, hailing from Choto Laxmipur village in Muladi upazila of Barisal district.
A case was filed in this connection.