- Rangpur Riders new BPL champions dethroning Dhaka Dynamites
- Moudud finds judges disciplinary rules ‘unconstitional’
- IUTA election Wednesday
- 2 cousins hacked dead in Gazipur
- SWBEC to benefit BD, neighbours, says Muhith
- MPs call for rounding off Doha Round
- 6 more cases filed against Mahmudur Rahman
- NYC commuters returning to subway amid heightened security
- Akayed Ullah ‘born and brought up in Dhaka’
- Bank account now with only Tk 2; Daak Taka launched
Youth held with fake currency notes
Detectives in a drive arrested a young man in possession of 1,088 fake currency notes amounting to TK 88,000 from a mango orchard in Sheikh Hasina Bridge area of Sadar upazila on Friday afternoon.
Abdul Karim, sub-inspector of district detective branch of police, said that on secret information, a team of DB conducted a drive in the area around 4:15 pm and arrested Anwar Hossain Hawlader, son of Shah Alam, hailing from Choto Laxmipur village in Muladi upazila of Barisal district.
A case was filed in this connection.