- Nat’l election: BNP renews demand for dialogue
- 21 eminent citizens receive Ekushey Padak
- Work to gain people’s confidence, President asks PSC
- Appeal filed with HC against Khaleda’s sentence
- Maintain distinctive characters of Bangla: PM
- PM invites her Dutch counterpart to launch BD Delta Plan
- 50 BNP men hurt in clash with police, 20 held
- 17 killed in garbage dump collapse in Mozambique
- Angry mob killed suspects in murder of girl in India
- RU students demand revision of quota systems in gov’t jobs
BD won’t respond to Myanmar’s provocation: Quader
Road Transport and Bridges Minister Obaidul Quader has said Bangladesh will not respond to any provocation of Myanmar despite repeated violation of its airspace by its drones and helicopters.
He came up with the remark while distributing donation among sick and helpless people at his village in Companyganj upazila of the district on Saturday.
Quader, also the Awami League General Secretary, said the government has been tackling the Rohingya refugee issue cautiously.
Criticising BNP for doing politics over the Rohingya issue, he also said BNP is talking madly as they have no issue in their hand to do politics.
Earlier, Bangladesh protested repeated violation of its airspace by Myanmar drones and helicopters amid influx of Rohingya refugees amid persecution in Rakhine State.
The country also expressed its deep concern over such acts of provocation.