- Islami Bank opens 331st branch at Phulpur of Mymensingh
- Bangladesh finishes 3rd in South Asian Badminton
- Rangpur Riders new BPL champions dethroning Dhaka Dynamites
- Moudud finds judges disciplinary rules ‘unconstitional’
- IUTA election Wednesday
- 2 cousins hacked dead in Gazipur
- SWBEC to benefit BD, neighbours, says Muhith
- MPs call for rounding off Doha Round
- 6 more cases filed against Mahmudur Rahman
- NYC commuters returning to subway amid heightened security
PM reaches Washington
Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina reached the US capital of Washington on Friday afternoon (US time).
PM’s Press Secretary Ihsanul Karim on Saturday told UNB from Washington on phone that the Prime Minister left New York for Washington at noon (New York time) by road on Friday.
Bangladesh’s Permanent Representative to the United Nations Masud Bin Momen saw the Prime Minister off in New York.
Sheikh Hasina reached the US capital in the afternoon the same day (Friday) and she was taken to The Ritz Carlton –Tyson’s Hotel where she will be staying during the rest of her tour.
After staying in Washington for a week, Sheikh Hasina will leave for home on September 29. She will return home on October 2 via London.
Sheikh Hasina arrived in New York on September 17 to attend the 72nd Session of the United Nations General Assembly (UNGA).
She addressed the UNGA in the afternoon on September 21 where she called upon the United Nations and the international community to take immediate and effective measures for a permanent solution to the protracted Rohingya crisis.