- BNP to submit memo to DC offices Sunday
- Ban on holding rallies in city still in force: Minister
- BD preparing to hold OIC FMs meet in May
- IOM asked Rohingya kids to draw their dream
- Unable to get at source, authorities target kids at retail level
- ‘Rape’ victim attempts suicide in N’ganj
- PM mourns FF Fayek Mia’s death
- 6 injured as principal-hopeful tries to scupper process
- BD, India to celebrate Int’l Mother Language Day jointly
- Immediate Rohingya repatriation ‘unlikely’
Taliban kill district police chief in southern Afghanistan
An Afghan official says the Taliban have killed a district police chief in the southern Helmand province.
Omar Zwak, the spokesman for the provincial governor, says the officer was killed late Saturday when gunmen attacked his vehicle during a patrol. Another police officer was wounded.
The Taliban, who have stepped up their attacks against security forces in recent years, claimed responsibility.