- No election without Khaleda, says BNP
- No wicked person in police force to be tolerated: Minister
- UK lifts ban on air cargo flights from Dhaka
- BNP submits memo to DC office seeking Khaleda’s release
- BNP to submit memo to DC offices Sunday
- Ban on holding rallies in city still in force: Minister
- BD preparing to hold OIC FMs meet in May
- IOM asked Rohingya kids to draw their dream
- Unable to get at source, authorities target kids at retail level
- ‘Rape’ victim attempts suicide in N’ganj
Human chain formed protesting college student rape
Students of different colleges in the district on Sunday formed a human chain protesting a rape incident and demanding the immediate arrest of the criminals.
They formed the human chain in front of main gate of the office of Deputy Commissioner (DC).
Later, they submitted memorandum to the DC and Superintendent of Police after hour-long human chain programme.
The protesters demanded immediate arrest of the main accused Shamim Miah, a resident of Surjyodi village, Abdul Bari Chand, chairman of Kamaria union, and his associates.
Earlier on September 20, a college student’s mother, a resident of Baneshdi village of Nakla upazila, filed a case with the Women and Children Repression Prevention Tribunal.