- PM says Rohingya problem could be solved with her 5-point proposal
- New satellite image shows mass destruction in Rakhine
- 2 suspected robbers held in Moulvibazar
- 5 of a Bangladeshi family killed in Kuwait fire
- Indian citizen held with 18 gold bars
- Fake doctor, assistant held in Chandpur
- Foreign Minister to visit Myanmar Nov 19
- US, Japan agree to maximize diplomatic pressure on N. Korea
- Maintain objectivity in journalism: President
- Cabinet clears Surcharge Management Policy to control tobacco
Human chain formed protesting college student rape
Students of different colleges in the district on Sunday formed a human chain protesting a rape incident and demanding the immediate arrest of the criminals.
They formed the human chain in front of main gate of the office of Deputy Commissioner (DC).
Later, they submitted memorandum to the DC and Superintendent of Police after hour-long human chain programme.
The protesters demanded immediate arrest of the main accused Shamim Miah, a resident of Surjyodi village, Abdul Bari Chand, chairman of Kamaria union, and his associates.
Earlier on September 20, a college student’s mother, a resident of Baneshdi village of Nakla upazila, filed a case with the Women and Children Repression Prevention Tribunal.