- Rangpur Riders new BPL champions dethroning Dhaka Dynamites
- Moudud finds judges disciplinary rules ‘unconstitional’
- IUTA election Wednesday
- 2 cousins hacked dead in Gazipur
- SWBEC to benefit BD, neighbours, says Muhith
- MPs call for rounding off Doha Round
- 6 more cases filed against Mahmudur Rahman
- NYC commuters returning to subway amid heightened security
- Akayed Ullah ‘born and brought up in Dhaka’
- Bank account now with only Tk 2; Daak Taka launched
Human chain formed protesting college student rape
Students of different colleges in the district on Sunday formed a human chain protesting a rape incident and demanding the immediate arrest of the criminals.
They formed the human chain in front of main gate of the office of Deputy Commissioner (DC).
Later, they submitted memorandum to the DC and Superintendent of Police after hour-long human chain programme.
The protesters demanded immediate arrest of the main accused Shamim Miah, a resident of Surjyodi village, Abdul Bari Chand, chairman of Kamaria union, and his associates.
Earlier on September 20, a college student’s mother, a resident of Baneshdi village of Nakla upazila, filed a case with the Women and Children Repression Prevention Tribunal.