- Charges pressed against 228 over Nasirnagar attack
- Khaleda sits with BNP policymakers
- Shakib made Tigers’ Test captain
- Most new taxpayers aged below 40, says Muhith
- SI without ticket gets violent
- Two killed in Sirajganj road accident
- Missing Chandpur businessman turns up dead
- ICT exports: Palak eyes 6-fold increase by ‘21
- Contempt of court rule against EC
- Security guard burnt alive in N’ganj market fire
U-15 footballer Sabina passes away
Bangladesh Under-15 Women’s footballer Sabina Yeasmin passed away on Tuesday afternoon after suffering from fever. She was 14.
Sabina, who was suffering from high fever for the last two days, was taken to Dhobauara upazila health complex from her Kalsindur village residence in Dhobauara upazila of Mymensingh district after her condition deteriorated where doctors declared her dead around 3:15pm.
She left behind her father, mother, one brother and one sister and a large number of fans to mourn her death.
Sabina was scheduled to join the national U-15 training camp on Wednesday for the SAFF U-15 Championship to be held in Dhaka in December next.
Meanwhile, Bangladesh Football Federation (BFF) President Kazi Mohammad Salahuddin, its executive committee members, standing committee members, and staff and officers expressed deep shock at the immature death of the female footballer.
In a message of condolence, they prayed for salvation of the departed soul and expressed their sympathy to the bereaved family members.