- PM says Rohingya problem could be solved with her 5-point proposal
- New satellite image shows mass destruction in Rakhine
- 2 suspected robbers held in Moulvibazar
- 5 of a Bangladeshi family killed in Kuwait fire
- Indian citizen held with 18 gold bars
- Fake doctor, assistant held in Chandpur
- Foreign Minister to visit Myanmar Nov 19
- US, Japan agree to maximize diplomatic pressure on N. Korea
- Maintain objectivity in journalism: President
- Cabinet clears Surcharge Management Policy to control tobacco
U-15 footballer Sabina passes away
Bangladesh Under-15 Women’s footballer Sabina Yeasmin passed away on Tuesday afternoon after suffering from fever. She was 14.
Sabina, who was suffering from high fever for the last two days, was taken to Dhobauara upazila health complex from her Kalsindur village residence in Dhobauara upazila of Mymensingh district after her condition deteriorated where doctors declared her dead around 3:15pm.
She left behind her father, mother, one brother and one sister and a large number of fans to mourn her death.
Sabina was scheduled to join the national U-15 training camp on Wednesday for the SAFF U-15 Championship to be held in Dhaka in December next.
Meanwhile, Bangladesh Football Federation (BFF) President Kazi Mohammad Salahuddin, its executive committee members, standing committee members, and staff and officers expressed deep shock at the immature death of the female footballer.
In a message of condolence, they prayed for salvation of the departed soul and expressed their sympathy to the bereaved family members.