- Nat’l election: BNP renews demand for dialogue
- 21 eminent citizens receive Ekushey Padak
- Work to gain people’s confidence, President asks PSC
- Appeal filed with HC against Khaleda’s sentence
- Maintain distinctive characters of Bangla: PM
- PM invites her Dutch counterpart to launch BD Delta Plan
- 50 BNP men hurt in clash with police, 20 held
- 17 killed in garbage dump collapse in Mozambique
- Angry mob killed suspects in murder of girl in India
- RU students demand revision of quota systems in gov’t jobs
Two get life term for killing minor girl
A court here on Tuesday convicted two people and awarded them life imprisonment in a minor girl murder case in 2014.
Natore Additional District and Sessions Judge Hasanuzzaman sentenced Rafiqul Islam and Abu Sayed to life term imprisonment and acquitted Ayesha, wife of Abu Sayed.
According to prosecution, Mim, 9, daughter of Nurajit Prang, a resident of Garabari village of Singra upazila, was kidnapped by Rafiqul Islam and Abu Sayed on December 23 in 2014.
After killing Mim, they took away all jewelry from her body and hid her body in a local pond.
After examining all records and witnessed, the court handed down the verdict.