- Maintain objectivity in journalism: President
- Cabinet clears Surcharge Management Policy to control tobacco
- Kader Siddique seeks CEC’s removal
- ACC to interrogate Labaid Group MD
- 13 edu institutions shut in Cox’s Bazar after Rohingya influx
- Allegations against Sinha ‘cooked up to contain him’: BNP
- UK leader makes surprise Brussels trip to undo Brexit logjam
- Portugal wildfires kill at least 27; 4 dead in Spain
- 5,000 more Rohingyas enter Bangladesh
- Rohingya boat capsize death toll rises to 12
Two get life term for killing minor girl
A court here on Tuesday convicted two people and awarded them life imprisonment in a minor girl murder case in 2014.
Natore Additional District and Sessions Judge Hasanuzzaman sentenced Rafiqul Islam and Abu Sayed to life term imprisonment and acquitted Ayesha, wife of Abu Sayed.
According to prosecution, Mim, 9, daughter of Nurajit Prang, a resident of Garabari village of Singra upazila, was kidnapped by Rafiqul Islam and Abu Sayed on December 23 in 2014.
After killing Mim, they took away all jewelry from her body and hid her body in a local pond.
After examining all records and witnessed, the court handed down the verdict.