- Nat’l election: BNP renews demand for dialogue
- 21 eminent citizens receive Ekushey Padak
- Work to gain people’s confidence, President asks PSC
- Appeal filed with HC against Khaleda’s sentence
- Maintain distinctive characters of Bangla: PM
- PM invites her Dutch counterpart to launch BD Delta Plan
- 50 BNP men hurt in clash with police, 20 held
- 17 killed in garbage dump collapse in Mozambique
- Angry mob killed suspects in murder of girl in India
- RU students demand revision of quota systems in gov’t jobs
Amu visits Canada, US for knowledge on technical regulatory act
Industries Minister Amir Hossain Amu has left for Canada early Wednesday to visit technical standard regulatory institutes of Canada and United States with a view to gaining knowledge on technical regulatory act of the two countries.
He is leading a six-member Bangladesh delegation.
Delegation members include additional secretary of Industries Ministry Begum Parag, joint chief of Planning Ministry Md Sayeduzzaman, deputy chief of Industries Ministry Md Anwarul Alam, assistant personal secretary (APS) to the Industries Minister FM Mahmud (Kiron) and protocol officer Abu Bakkar Chowdhury.
The minister will visit Intertech Canada, a technical standard regulatory institute of Canada and exchange views with its senior officials.
Besides, he will hold a bilateral meeting with Canadian Member of Parliament and chair of Canada-Bangladesh Parliamentary Friendship Group Nathaniel Erskine Smith.