- Maintain objectivity in journalism: President
- Cabinet clears Surcharge Management Policy to control tobacco
- Kader Siddique seeks CEC’s removal
- ACC to interrogate Labaid Group MD
- 13 edu institutions shut in Cox’s Bazar after Rohingya influx
- Allegations against Sinha ‘cooked up to contain him’: BNP
- UK leader makes surprise Brussels trip to undo Brexit logjam
- Portugal wildfires kill at least 27; 4 dead in Spain
- 5,000 more Rohingyas enter Bangladesh
- Rohingya boat capsize death toll rises to 12
Amu visits Canada, US for knowledge on technical regulatory act
Industries Minister Amir Hossain Amu has left for Canada early Wednesday to visit technical standard regulatory institutes of Canada and United States with a view to gaining knowledge on technical regulatory act of the two countries.
He is leading a six-member Bangladesh delegation.
Delegation members include additional secretary of Industries Ministry Begum Parag, joint chief of Planning Ministry Md Sayeduzzaman, deputy chief of Industries Ministry Md Anwarul Alam, assistant personal secretary (APS) to the Industries Minister FM Mahmud (Kiron) and protocol officer Abu Bakkar Chowdhury.
The minister will visit Intertech Canada, a technical standard regulatory institute of Canada and exchange views with its senior officials.
Besides, he will hold a bilateral meeting with Canadian Member of Parliament and chair of Canada-Bangladesh Parliamentary Friendship Group Nathaniel Erskine Smith.