- Charges pressed against 228 over Nasirnagar attack
- Khaleda sits with BNP policymakers
- Shakib made Tigers’ Test captain
- Most new taxpayers aged below 40, says Muhith
- SI without ticket gets violent
- Two killed in Sirajganj road accident
- Missing Chandpur businessman turns up dead
- ICT exports: Palak eyes 6-fold increase by ‘21
- Contempt of court rule against EC
- Security guard burnt alive in N’ganj market fire
2 Malaysian boys charged with murder for Islamic school fire
Kuala Lumpur, AP/BdChronicle:
Two Malaysian teenagers have been charged with murder after being accused of intentionally setting a fire at an Islamic boarding school that killed 23 people, mostly students.
Prosecutor Othman Abdullah said Thursday no plea was taken from the two boys and the magistrate set a hearing for Nov. 28.
The accused boys are minors but he couldn't immediately provide their exact ages. Because of their age, they will not face a possible death penalty.
They were among seven teenagers detained days after the Sept. 14 blaze for allegedly using cooking gas tanks and petrol to set fire to a dormitory on the school's top floor because the students there had teased them. The blaze blocked the lone exit to the dormitory, trapping students behind barred windows.