- PM says Rohingya problem could be solved with her 5-point proposal
- New satellite image shows mass destruction in Rakhine
- 2 suspected robbers held in Moulvibazar
- 5 of a Bangladeshi family killed in Kuwait fire
- Indian citizen held with 18 gold bars
- Fake doctor, assistant held in Chandpur
- Foreign Minister to visit Myanmar Nov 19
- US, Japan agree to maximize diplomatic pressure on N. Korea
- Maintain objectivity in journalism: President
- Cabinet clears Surcharge Management Policy to control tobacco
2 Malaysian boys charged with murder for Islamic school fire
Kuala Lumpur, AP/BdChronicle:
Two Malaysian teenagers have been charged with murder after being accused of intentionally setting a fire at an Islamic boarding school that killed 23 people, mostly students.
Prosecutor Othman Abdullah said Thursday no plea was taken from the two boys and the magistrate set a hearing for Nov. 28.
The accused boys are minors but he couldn't immediately provide their exact ages. Because of their age, they will not face a possible death penalty.
They were among seven teenagers detained days after the Sept. 14 blaze for allegedly using cooking gas tanks and petrol to set fire to a dormitory on the school's top floor because the students there had teased them. The blaze blocked the lone exit to the dormitory, trapping students behind barred windows.