- Maintain objectivity in journalism: President
- Cabinet clears Surcharge Management Policy to control tobacco
- Kader Siddique seeks CEC’s removal
- ACC to interrogate Labaid Group MD
- 13 edu institutions shut in Cox’s Bazar after Rohingya influx
- Allegations against Sinha ‘cooked up to contain him’: BNP
- UK leader makes surprise Brussels trip to undo Brexit logjam
- Portugal wildfires kill at least 27; 4 dead in Spain
- 5,000 more Rohingyas enter Bangladesh
- Rohingya boat capsize death toll rises to 12
1st Test: Proteas score 99/0 against Tiger up to lunch
Bangladesh’s bowling efforts remained barren up to the lunch on day one as the home side South Africa was at the crease with 99 for no loss in the 1st innings in the 1st Test at Senwes Park in Potchefstroom on Thursday.
Dean Elgar (56 off 93b; 5x4) and Aiden Markram (43 off 69b; 6x4) played 27 overs and were at the crease in the opening stand for the side was sent in to bat first.
Bangladesh best XI: Tamim Iqbal, Imrul Kayes, Mominul Haque, Mahmudullah Riyad, Mushfiqur Rahim (captain), Liton Kumar Das, Sabbir Rahman, Mehedi Hasan Miraz, Taskin Ahmed, Shafiul Islam and Mustafizur Rahman.
South Africa best XI: Dean Elgar, Aiden Markram, Hashim Amla, Temba Bavuma, Faf du Plessis (captain), Quinton de Kock, Andile Phehlukwayo, Keshav Maharaj, Kagiso Rabada, Morne Morkel and Duanne Olivier.