- No election without Khaleda, says BNP
- No wicked person in police force to be tolerated: Minister
- UK lifts ban on air cargo flights from Dhaka
- BNP submits memo to DC office seeking Khaleda’s release
- BNP to submit memo to DC offices Sunday
- Ban on holding rallies in city still in force: Minister
- BD preparing to hold OIC FMs meet in May
- IOM asked Rohingya kids to draw their dream
- Unable to get at source, authorities target kids at retail level
- ‘Rape’ victim attempts suicide in N’ganj
1st Test: Proteas score 99/0 against Tiger up to lunch
Bangladesh’s bowling efforts remained barren up to the lunch on day one as the home side South Africa was at the crease with 99 for no loss in the 1st innings in the 1st Test at Senwes Park in Potchefstroom on Thursday.
Dean Elgar (56 off 93b; 5x4) and Aiden Markram (43 off 69b; 6x4) played 27 overs and were at the crease in the opening stand for the side was sent in to bat first.
Bangladesh best XI: Tamim Iqbal, Imrul Kayes, Mominul Haque, Mahmudullah Riyad, Mushfiqur Rahim (captain), Liton Kumar Das, Sabbir Rahman, Mehedi Hasan Miraz, Taskin Ahmed, Shafiul Islam and Mustafizur Rahman.
South Africa best XI: Dean Elgar, Aiden Markram, Hashim Amla, Temba Bavuma, Faf du Plessis (captain), Quinton de Kock, Andile Phehlukwayo, Keshav Maharaj, Kagiso Rabada, Morne Morkel and Duanne Olivier.