- Rangpur Riders new BPL champions dethroning Dhaka Dynamites
- Moudud finds judges disciplinary rules ‘unconstitional’
- IUTA election Wednesday
- 2 cousins hacked dead in Gazipur
- SWBEC to benefit BD, neighbours, says Muhith
- MPs call for rounding off Doha Round
- 6 more cases filed against Mahmudur Rahman
- NYC commuters returning to subway amid heightened security
- Akayed Ullah ‘born and brought up in Dhaka’
- Bank account now with only Tk 2; Daak Taka launched
Govt fails to convince Russian, China over Rohingya issue: BNP
BNP on Friday alleged that the government has failed to convince the United Nations Security Council’s permanent members Russian and China to help Bangladesh resolve Rohingya crisis.
Speaking at a press conference at the party’s Nayapaltan central office, BNP senior joint secretary general Rahul Kabir Rizvi also alleged that the UN Security Council’s discussion on Rohingya issue ended without any decision due to the government’s diplomatic failure.
“The open debate at the UN Security Council on Rohingya crisis concluded without any specific decision or resolution. Even, the UN yesterday (Thursday) voiced doubt whether Myanmar would take back Rohingyas or not. The main reason behind the any positive step to resolve Rohingya crisis is the government’s absolute diplomatic failure,” he said.
The BNP leader also alleged that though the entire world is vocal over Rohingya issue, Bangladesh government is still playing a subservient role in this regard.