- No election without Khaleda, says BNP
- No wicked person in police force to be tolerated: Minister
- UK lifts ban on air cargo flights from Dhaka
- BNP submits memo to DC office seeking Khaleda’s release
- BNP to submit memo to DC offices Sunday
- Ban on holding rallies in city still in force: Minister
- BD preparing to hold OIC FMs meet in May
- IOM asked Rohingya kids to draw their dream
- Unable to get at source, authorities target kids at retail level
- ‘Rape’ victim attempts suicide in N’ganj
Govt fails to convince Russian, China over Rohingya issue: BNP
BNP on Friday alleged that the government has failed to convince the United Nations Security Council’s permanent members Russian and China to help Bangladesh resolve Rohingya crisis.
Speaking at a press conference at the party’s Nayapaltan central office, BNP senior joint secretary general Rahul Kabir Rizvi also alleged that the UN Security Council’s discussion on Rohingya issue ended without any decision due to the government’s diplomatic failure.
“The open debate at the UN Security Council on Rohingya crisis concluded without any specific decision or resolution. Even, the UN yesterday (Thursday) voiced doubt whether Myanmar would take back Rohingyas or not. The main reason behind the any positive step to resolve Rohingya crisis is the government’s absolute diplomatic failure,” he said.
The BNP leader also alleged that though the entire world is vocal over Rohingya issue, Bangladesh government is still playing a subservient role in this regard.