- PM says Rohingya problem could be solved with her 5-point proposal
- New satellite image shows mass destruction in Rakhine
- 2 suspected robbers held in Moulvibazar
- 5 of a Bangladeshi family killed in Kuwait fire
- Indian citizen held with 18 gold bars
- Fake doctor, assistant held in Chandpur
- Foreign Minister to visit Myanmar Nov 19
- US, Japan agree to maximize diplomatic pressure on N. Korea
- Maintain objectivity in journalism: President
- Cabinet clears Surcharge Management Policy to control tobacco
Govt fails to convince Russian, China over Rohingya issue: BNP
BNP on Friday alleged that the government has failed to convince the United Nations Security Council’s permanent members Russian and China to help Bangladesh resolve Rohingya crisis.
Speaking at a press conference at the party’s Nayapaltan central office, BNP senior joint secretary general Rahul Kabir Rizvi also alleged that the UN Security Council’s discussion on Rohingya issue ended without any decision due to the government’s diplomatic failure.
“The open debate at the UN Security Council on Rohingya crisis concluded without any specific decision or resolution. Even, the UN yesterday (Thursday) voiced doubt whether Myanmar would take back Rohingyas or not. The main reason behind the any positive step to resolve Rohingya crisis is the government’s absolute diplomatic failure,” he said.
The BNP leader also alleged that though the entire world is vocal over Rohingya issue, Bangladesh government is still playing a subservient role in this regard.