- Maintain objectivity in journalism: President
- Cabinet clears Surcharge Management Policy to control tobacco
- Kader Siddique seeks CEC’s removal
- ACC to interrogate Labaid Group MD
- 13 edu institutions shut in Cox’s Bazar after Rohingya influx
- Allegations against Sinha ‘cooked up to contain him’: BNP
- UK leader makes surprise Brussels trip to undo Brexit logjam
- Portugal wildfires kill at least 27; 4 dead in Spain
- 5,000 more Rohingyas enter Bangladesh
- Rohingya boat capsize death toll rises to 12
Holy Ashura tomorrow
Holy Ashura, commemorating the martyrdom of Hazrat Imam Hussain (RA), will be observed in the country on Sunday with due religious fervour and solemnity.
On this day in the Hijri year of 61, Hazrat Imam, the grandson of Prophet Hazrat Muhammad (PBUH), along with his family members and 72 followers embraced the martyrdom in the hands of Yazid’s soldiers at the desert of Karbala to uphold the teachings of the Prophet (SM).
The day is a public holiday.
Shia community members will bring out Tazia processions in the city marking the day.
The Tajia procession will start from Imambara Husaini Dalan in Old Dhaka and the procession will be surrounded by law enforcers.
Adequate security measures have already been taken around Imambara Husaini Dalan to ensure smooth observance of Holy Ashura.
Apart from Husaini Dalan, police will be deployed on the rooftops on some buildings at some major points of Imambara for security reasons.
Security will be provided in some major places in Imambara where the Shia community will gather to celebrate the day.