- BNP to submit memo to DC offices Sunday
- Ban on holding rallies in city still in force: Minister
- BD preparing to hold OIC FMs meet in May
- IOM asked Rohingya kids to draw their dream
- Unable to get at source, authorities target kids at retail level
- ‘Rape’ victim attempts suicide in N’ganj
- PM mourns FF Fayek Mia’s death
- 6 injured as principal-hopeful tries to scupper process
- BD, India to celebrate Int’l Mother Language Day jointly
- Immediate Rohingya repatriation ‘unlikely’
Holy Ashura tomorrow
Holy Ashura, commemorating the martyrdom of Hazrat Imam Hussain (RA), will be observed in the country on Sunday with due religious fervour and solemnity.
On this day in the Hijri year of 61, Hazrat Imam, the grandson of Prophet Hazrat Muhammad (PBUH), along with his family members and 72 followers embraced the martyrdom in the hands of Yazid’s soldiers at the desert of Karbala to uphold the teachings of the Prophet (SM).
The day is a public holiday.
Shia community members will bring out Tazia processions in the city marking the day.
The Tajia procession will start from Imambara Husaini Dalan in Old Dhaka and the procession will be surrounded by law enforcers.
Adequate security measures have already been taken around Imambara Husaini Dalan to ensure smooth observance of Holy Ashura.
Apart from Husaini Dalan, police will be deployed on the rooftops on some buildings at some major points of Imambara for security reasons.
Security will be provided in some major places in Imambara where the Shia community will gather to celebrate the day.