- Charges pressed against 228 over Nasirnagar attack
- Khaleda sits with BNP policymakers
- Shakib made Tigers’ Test captain
- Most new taxpayers aged below 40, says Muhith
- SI without ticket gets violent
- Two killed in Sirajganj road accident
- Missing Chandpur businessman turns up dead
- ICT exports: Palak eyes 6-fold increase by ‘21
- Contempt of court rule against EC
- Security guard burnt alive in N’ganj market fire
Stocks extend losing streak into another week
Share price index at the country’s both bourses – Dhaka Stock Exchange (DSE) and Chittagong Stock Exchange – ended the week in red on Thursday with huge drop in market activities.
The total turnover for the week stood at Tk 3,443 crore, a decline by 43.60 percent, which was Tk 6,105 crore in the week before.
The DSEX index has fallen below the 6,100 mark this week. Four out of five days of this week closed red.
In the previous week, the key index of the premier lost 33.4 points. The DSEX index has fallen from the 6,200 mark.
Average daily turnover also decreased by 43.6 percent comparing to previous week.
The daily turnover averaged Tk 688.71 crore which was similar to last week over the previous week's average of Tk 1,221.04 crore.
Meanwhile, Average Trade Volume also decreased by 47.0 percent and total number of trades also saw 31.1 percent decrease.