- Nat’l election: BNP renews demand for dialogue
- 21 eminent citizens receive Ekushey Padak
- Work to gain people’s confidence, President asks PSC
- Appeal filed with HC against Khaleda’s sentence
- Maintain distinctive characters of Bangla: PM
- PM invites her Dutch counterpart to launch BD Delta Plan
- 50 BNP men hurt in clash with police, 20 held
- 17 killed in garbage dump collapse in Mozambique
- Angry mob killed suspects in murder of girl in India
- RU students demand revision of quota systems in gov’t jobs
Woman ‘set on fire by husband’ in Satkhira
A woman suffered severe burn injuries as her husband allegedly set her on fire at Bagmara village in Tala upazila on Saturday night.
Victim Munni Khatun, 25, who was undergoing treatment at Satkhira Sadar Hospital, said her husband Musa Gazi used to beat her and asked to go to her father’s home as she gave birth to a dead child five months back.
Following a quarrel over the same issue last night, her husband poured kerosene and set fire on her when she was asleep. Hearing her scream, locals rushed in and admitted her to sadar hospital.
Dr Farhad Jamil, RMO of the hospital, said the housewife was admitted to the hospital with 75 percent burns. She was referred to Dhaka for better treatment.
Necessary measures would be taken, if complaint is filed, said Molla Jakir Hossain, officer-in-charge of Patkhel Danga police station.