- Nat’l election: BNP renews demand for dialogue
- 21 eminent citizens receive Ekushey Padak
- Work to gain people’s confidence, President asks PSC
- Appeal filed with HC against Khaleda’s sentence
- Maintain distinctive characters of Bangla: PM
- PM invites her Dutch counterpart to launch BD Delta Plan
- 50 BNP men hurt in clash with police, 20 held
- 17 killed in garbage dump collapse in Mozambique
- Angry mob killed suspects in murder of girl in India
- RU students demand revision of quota systems in gov’t jobs
Lightning kills three fishermen in Rajshahi
Three fishermen were killed on Sunday as they were struck by lightning during a storm at Bagmara upazila in the district.
The deceased were identified as Abul Hossain, 50, son of Basir Uddin, Khurshed Alam, 38, son of Abdul Khalek, and Jalal Uddin, 40, son of Sekendar Ali of Barabihanali village of the upazila.
Awami League general secretary of Barabihanali unit Yasin Ali said some fishermen were fishing on two boats in the Bilsuti channel of Barakoya area. Around 11am, the party was struck by lightning, killing 3 on the spot and injuring 10 others.
Officer-in-charge of Bagmara Police Station Nasim Ahmed said they recovered the bodies and sent them to Rajshahi Medical College and Hospital for autopsy.