- Maintain objectivity in journalism: President
- Cabinet clears Surcharge Management Policy to control tobacco
- Kader Siddique seeks CEC’s removal
- ACC to interrogate Labaid Group MD
- 13 edu institutions shut in Cox’s Bazar after Rohingya influx
- Allegations against Sinha ‘cooked up to contain him’: BNP
- UK leader makes surprise Brussels trip to undo Brexit logjam
- Portugal wildfires kill at least 27; 4 dead in Spain
- 5,000 more Rohingyas enter Bangladesh
- Rohingya boat capsize death toll rises to 12
Lightning kills three fishermen in Rajshahi
Three fishermen were killed on Sunday as they were struck by lightning during a storm at Bagmara upazila in the district.
The deceased were identified as Abul Hossain, 50, son of Basir Uddin, Khurshed Alam, 38, son of Abdul Khalek, and Jalal Uddin, 40, son of Sekendar Ali of Barabihanali village of the upazila.
Awami League general secretary of Barabihanali unit Yasin Ali said some fishermen were fishing on two boats in the Bilsuti channel of Barakoya area. Around 11am, the party was struck by lightning, killing 3 on the spot and injuring 10 others.
Officer-in-charge of Bagmara Police Station Nasim Ahmed said they recovered the bodies and sent them to Rajshahi Medical College and Hospital for autopsy.