- PM says Rohingya problem could be solved with her 5-point proposal
- New satellite image shows mass destruction in Rakhine
- 2 suspected robbers held in Moulvibazar
- 5 of a Bangladeshi family killed in Kuwait fire
- Indian citizen held with 18 gold bars
- Fake doctor, assistant held in Chandpur
- Foreign Minister to visit Myanmar Nov 19
- US, Japan agree to maximize diplomatic pressure on N. Korea
- Maintain objectivity in journalism: President
- Cabinet clears Surcharge Management Policy to control tobacco
6 burnt in Ctg gas cylinder blast
Six people, including two members of a family, suffered burn injuries as a gas cylinder blasted in New Mooring area in the port city on Saturday night.
The gas cylinder, kept in a storeroom on the ground floor of a seven-storied building, went off at around 9:30 pm when the tenants of the building gathered there to cook meal due to low pressure of gas in the area, said Sayeed Ahsanul Islam, officer-in-charge of EPZ police station.
The injured---Md Yusuf, 30, her sister Jahida, 18, Riyad, 30, Mukta Begum, 17, Abul Kalam 60 and Sentu Hawlader, 35, a security guard of the building ---were undergoing treatment at the burn unit of Chittagong Medical College Hospital.
The condition of Mukta Begum was stated to be critical, said the OC.