- No election without Khaleda, says BNP
- No wicked person in police force to be tolerated: Minister
- UK lifts ban on air cargo flights from Dhaka
- BNP submits memo to DC office seeking Khaleda’s release
- BNP to submit memo to DC offices Sunday
- Ban on holding rallies in city still in force: Minister
- BD preparing to hold OIC FMs meet in May
- IOM asked Rohingya kids to draw their dream
- Unable to get at source, authorities target kids at retail level
- ‘Rape’ victim attempts suicide in N’ganj
6 burnt in Ctg gas cylinder blast
Six people, including two members of a family, suffered burn injuries as a gas cylinder blasted in New Mooring area in the port city on Saturday night.
The gas cylinder, kept in a storeroom on the ground floor of a seven-storied building, went off at around 9:30 pm when the tenants of the building gathered there to cook meal due to low pressure of gas in the area, said Sayeed Ahsanul Islam, officer-in-charge of EPZ police station.
The injured---Md Yusuf, 30, her sister Jahida, 18, Riyad, 30, Mukta Begum, 17, Abul Kalam 60 and Sentu Hawlader, 35, a security guard of the building ---were undergoing treatment at the burn unit of Chittagong Medical College Hospital.
The condition of Mukta Begum was stated to be critical, said the OC.