- Rangpur Riders new BPL champions dethroning Dhaka Dynamites
- Moudud finds judges disciplinary rules ‘unconstitional’
- IUTA election Wednesday
- 2 cousins hacked dead in Gazipur
- SWBEC to benefit BD, neighbours, says Muhith
- MPs call for rounding off Doha Round
- 6 more cases filed against Mahmudur Rahman
- NYC commuters returning to subway amid heightened security
- Akayed Ullah ‘born and brought up in Dhaka’
- Bank account now with only Tk 2; Daak Taka launched
6 burnt in Ctg gas cylinder blast
Six people, including two members of a family, suffered burn injuries as a gas cylinder blasted in New Mooring area in the port city on Saturday night.
The gas cylinder, kept in a storeroom on the ground floor of a seven-storied building, went off at around 9:30 pm when the tenants of the building gathered there to cook meal due to low pressure of gas in the area, said Sayeed Ahsanul Islam, officer-in-charge of EPZ police station.
The injured---Md Yusuf, 30, her sister Jahida, 18, Riyad, 30, Mukta Begum, 17, Abul Kalam 60 and Sentu Hawlader, 35, a security guard of the building ---were undergoing treatment at the burn unit of Chittagong Medical College Hospital.
The condition of Mukta Begum was stated to be critical, said the OC.