- Nat’l election: BNP renews demand for dialogue
- 21 eminent citizens receive Ekushey Padak
- Work to gain people’s confidence, President asks PSC
- Appeal filed with HC against Khaleda’s sentence
- Maintain distinctive characters of Bangla: PM
- PM invites her Dutch counterpart to launch BD Delta Plan
- 50 BNP men hurt in clash with police, 20 held
- 17 killed in garbage dump collapse in Mozambique
- Angry mob killed suspects in murder of girl in India
- RU students demand revision of quota systems in gov’t jobs
NSU student apparently kills himself in city
A student of North South University is thought to have committed suicide in his apartment in the city’s Basundhara residential area early Sunday.
The deceased has been identified as Sajal Mahmud, 24, son of a lawyer Abdur Jalil.
Officer-in-charge of Bhatara Police Station Kamruzzaman quoting Sajal’s neighbors said they knocked on the door of Sajal’s apartment, where he used to live alone, this morning around 8:30 am but he did not respond for long.
Later the neighbors along with one of Sajal’s cousins broke the door down and found Sajal’s body hanging in his toilet, the Bhatara station OC said.
Police recovered the body and sent it for autopsy, he added.
Sajal’s father filed an unnatural death case with Bhatara Police Station over the matter.