- PM says Rohingya problem could be solved with her 5-point proposal
- New satellite image shows mass destruction in Rakhine
- 2 suspected robbers held in Moulvibazar
- 5 of a Bangladeshi family killed in Kuwait fire
- Indian citizen held with 18 gold bars
- Fake doctor, assistant held in Chandpur
- Foreign Minister to visit Myanmar Nov 19
- US, Japan agree to maximize diplomatic pressure on N. Korea
- Maintain objectivity in journalism: President
- Cabinet clears Surcharge Management Policy to control tobacco
NSU student apparently kills himself in city
A student of North South University is thought to have committed suicide in his apartment in the city’s Basundhara residential area early Sunday.
The deceased has been identified as Sajal Mahmud, 24, son of a lawyer Abdur Jalil.
Officer-in-charge of Bhatara Police Station Kamruzzaman quoting Sajal’s neighbors said they knocked on the door of Sajal’s apartment, where he used to live alone, this morning around 8:30 am but he did not respond for long.
Later the neighbors along with one of Sajal’s cousins broke the door down and found Sajal’s body hanging in his toilet, the Bhatara station OC said.
Police recovered the body and sent it for autopsy, he added.
Sajal’s father filed an unnatural death case with Bhatara Police Station over the matter.