- Charges pressed against 228 over Nasirnagar attack
- Khaleda sits with BNP policymakers
- Shakib made Tigers’ Test captain
- Most new taxpayers aged below 40, says Muhith
- SI without ticket gets violent
- Two killed in Sirajganj road accident
- Missing Chandpur businessman turns up dead
- ICT exports: Palak eyes 6-fold increase by ‘21
- Contempt of court rule against EC
- Security guard burnt alive in N’ganj market fire
NSU student apparently kills himself in city
A student of North South University is thought to have committed suicide in his apartment in the city’s Basundhara residential area early Sunday.
The deceased has been identified as Sajal Mahmud, 24, son of a lawyer Abdur Jalil.
Officer-in-charge of Bhatara Police Station Kamruzzaman quoting Sajal’s neighbors said they knocked on the door of Sajal’s apartment, where he used to live alone, this morning around 8:30 am but he did not respond for long.
Later the neighbors along with one of Sajal’s cousins broke the door down and found Sajal’s body hanging in his toilet, the Bhatara station OC said.
Police recovered the body and sent it for autopsy, he added.
Sajal’s father filed an unnatural death case with Bhatara Police Station over the matter.