- Rangpur Riders new BPL champions dethroning Dhaka Dynamites
- Moudud finds judges disciplinary rules ‘unconstitional’
- IUTA election Wednesday
- 2 cousins hacked dead in Gazipur
- SWBEC to benefit BD, neighbours, says Muhith
- MPs call for rounding off Doha Round
- 6 more cases filed against Mahmudur Rahman
- NYC commuters returning to subway amid heightened security
- Akayed Ullah ‘born and brought up in Dhaka’
- Bank account now with only Tk 2; Daak Taka launched
10 Afghan forces mistakenly killed in airstrike
Afghan officials say at least 10 security forces have been killed after the Afghan Air Force mistakenly dropped bombs on their checkpoint in southern Helmand province.
Gul Agha Muslim, a member of the Gareshk district's local council, says another 11 were wounded in the incident Sunday. The victims were from both the Afghan police and intelligence agency, added Muslim.
Afghan Defence Ministry Spokesman General Dawlat Waziri confirmed the airstrike, without providing further details.
The district has witnessed heavy fighting in recent weeks between security forces and Taliban insurgents.