- PM says Rohingya problem could be solved with her 5-point proposal
- New satellite image shows mass destruction in Rakhine
- 2 suspected robbers held in Moulvibazar
- 5 of a Bangladeshi family killed in Kuwait fire
- Indian citizen held with 18 gold bars
- Fake doctor, assistant held in Chandpur
- Foreign Minister to visit Myanmar Nov 19
- US, Japan agree to maximize diplomatic pressure on N. Korea
- Maintain objectivity in journalism: President
- Cabinet clears Surcharge Management Policy to control tobacco
10 Afghan forces mistakenly killed in airstrike
Afghan officials say at least 10 security forces have been killed after the Afghan Air Force mistakenly dropped bombs on their checkpoint in southern Helmand province.
Gul Agha Muslim, a member of the Gareshk district's local council, says another 11 were wounded in the incident Sunday. The victims were from both the Afghan police and intelligence agency, added Muslim.
Afghan Defence Ministry Spokesman General Dawlat Waziri confirmed the airstrike, without providing further details.
The district has witnessed heavy fighting in recent weeks between security forces and Taliban insurgents.