- Nat’l election: BNP renews demand for dialogue
- 21 eminent citizens receive Ekushey Padak
- Work to gain people’s confidence, President asks PSC
- Appeal filed with HC against Khaleda’s sentence
- Maintain distinctive characters of Bangla: PM
- PM invites her Dutch counterpart to launch BD Delta Plan
- 50 BNP men hurt in clash with police, 20 held
- 17 killed in garbage dump collapse in Mozambique
- Angry mob killed suspects in murder of girl in India
- RU students demand revision of quota systems in gov’t jobs
Cop stabbed dead in Kishoreganj
A policeman was stabbed to death by a gang of hijackers on Dhaka-Sylhet highway under Syed Nazrul Islam Bridge in Bhairab upazila on Sunday night.
The deceased was identified as Arifur Rahman, 25, a member of Police Barrack.
Md Mukhlesur Rahman, officer-in-charge of Bhairab Police Station, said that the gang obstructed a pedestrian Dalim under the bridge around 8:30 pm.
Hearing screaming of Dalim, Arifur, who was performing duty in Rail-Bridge area went to the spot to rescue him.
The muggers stabbed Arifur and Dalim, leaving them injured.
Later, they were rushed to Bhairab Upazila Health Complex where doctors declared Arif dead.