- Maintain objectivity in journalism: President
- Cabinet clears Surcharge Management Policy to control tobacco
- Kader Siddique seeks CEC’s removal
- ACC to interrogate Labaid Group MD
- 13 edu institutions shut in Cox’s Bazar after Rohingya influx
- Allegations against Sinha ‘cooked up to contain him’: BNP
- UK leader makes surprise Brussels trip to undo Brexit logjam
- Portugal wildfires kill at least 27; 4 dead in Spain
- 5,000 more Rohingyas enter Bangladesh
- Rohingya boat capsize death toll rises to 12
27 BD nationals held at Benapole border
Border Guard Bangladesh members detained 27 Bangladeshi nationals, who had been trafficked to India, while they were entering the country through Sadipur border here on Monday.
The detainees, including three children and 11 women, hail from different areas of Faridpur, Narail and Bagerhat districts.
Lt. Col Ariful Haque , commanding officer of 49-BGB (Border Guard Bangladesh) battalion said on secret information a BGB team conducted a drive in the afternoon and detained them.
Later, they were handed over to Benapole Port Police Station.