- BNP to submit memo to DC offices Sunday
- Ban on holding rallies in city still in force: Minister
- BD preparing to hold OIC FMs meet in May
- IOM asked Rohingya kids to draw their dream
- Unable to get at source, authorities target kids at retail level
- ‘Rape’ victim attempts suicide in N’ganj
- PM mourns FF Fayek Mia’s death
- 6 injured as principal-hopeful tries to scupper process
- BD, India to celebrate Int’l Mother Language Day jointly
- Immediate Rohingya repatriation ‘unlikely’
27 BD nationals held at Benapole border
Border Guard Bangladesh members detained 27 Bangladeshi nationals, who had been trafficked to India, while they were entering the country through Sadipur border here on Monday.
The detainees, including three children and 11 women, hail from different areas of Faridpur, Narail and Bagerhat districts.
Lt. Col Ariful Haque , commanding officer of 49-BGB (Border Guard Bangladesh) battalion said on secret information a BGB team conducted a drive in the afternoon and detained them.
Later, they were handed over to Benapole Port Police Station.