- PM says Rohingya problem could be solved with her 5-point proposal
- New satellite image shows mass destruction in Rakhine
- 2 suspected robbers held in Moulvibazar
- 5 of a Bangladeshi family killed in Kuwait fire
- Indian citizen held with 18 gold bars
- Fake doctor, assistant held in Chandpur
- Foreign Minister to visit Myanmar Nov 19
- US, Japan agree to maximize diplomatic pressure on N. Korea
- Maintain objectivity in journalism: President
- Cabinet clears Surcharge Management Policy to control tobacco
PM shocked at loss of lives in Las Vegas mass shooting
Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina has expressed profound shock at the tragic loss of more than 50 lives in a mindless and deadly mass shooting in Las Vegas Monday.
In a message of condolence to US President Donald J. Trump shortly after the deadly attack, the Prime Minister conveyed her heartfelt sympathy to the President, the American people, and particularly the members of the bereaved families.
"We pray to the Almighty for the salvation of the departed souls, and quick and complete recovery of the hundreds injured," she said.
The Prime Minister, according to a message UNB received from Washington on Tuesday, said, "We, the people of Bangladesh, stand by you at this difficult hour with our sympathy and support."