- No election without Khaleda, says BNP
- No wicked person in police force to be tolerated: Minister
- UK lifts ban on air cargo flights from Dhaka
- BNP submits memo to DC office seeking Khaleda’s release
- BNP to submit memo to DC offices Sunday
- Ban on holding rallies in city still in force: Minister
- BD preparing to hold OIC FMs meet in May
- IOM asked Rohingya kids to draw their dream
- Unable to get at source, authorities target kids at retail level
- ‘Rape’ victim attempts suicide in N’ganj
PM shocked at loss of lives in Las Vegas mass shooting
Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina has expressed profound shock at the tragic loss of more than 50 lives in a mindless and deadly mass shooting in Las Vegas Monday.
In a message of condolence to US President Donald J. Trump shortly after the deadly attack, the Prime Minister conveyed her heartfelt sympathy to the President, the American people, and particularly the members of the bereaved families.
"We pray to the Almighty for the salvation of the departed souls, and quick and complete recovery of the hundreds injured," she said.
The Prime Minister, according to a message UNB received from Washington on Tuesday, said, "We, the people of Bangladesh, stand by you at this difficult hour with our sympathy and support."