- PM says Rohingya problem could be solved with her 5-point proposal
- New satellite image shows mass destruction in Rakhine
- 2 suspected robbers held in Moulvibazar
- 5 of a Bangladeshi family killed in Kuwait fire
- Indian citizen held with 18 gold bars
- Fake doctor, assistant held in Chandpur
- Foreign Minister to visit Myanmar Nov 19
- US, Japan agree to maximize diplomatic pressure on N. Korea
- Maintain objectivity in journalism: President
- Cabinet clears Surcharge Management Policy to control tobacco
BD, UAE sign air service deal to expand aviation ties
Bangladesh and the United Arab Emirates (UAE) have signed an air service agreement to strengthen and expand aviation relations between the two countries.
Civil Aviation and Tourism Minister Rashed Khan Menon and UAE Economy Minister and Chairman of Civil Aviation Authority Sultan Bin Saeed Al Mansoori signed the agreement on behalf of their respective countries.
The signing ceremony was held at the office of Civil Aviation Authority in Dubai on Monday, said a Ministry handout on Tuesday.
Through the signing of the agreement, Bangladesh Biman Airlines and Saudi Airlines will enjoy an increased frequency and route facilities.
Earlier at a high-level meeting, Minister Menon said there is huge opportunity to expand ties with the UAE in trade, investment, tourism and other areas.