- Rangpur Riders new BPL champions dethroning Dhaka Dynamites
- Moudud finds judges disciplinary rules ‘unconstitional’
- IUTA election Wednesday
- 2 cousins hacked dead in Gazipur
- SWBEC to benefit BD, neighbours, says Muhith
- MPs call for rounding off Doha Round
- 6 more cases filed against Mahmudur Rahman
- NYC commuters returning to subway amid heightened security
- Akayed Ullah ‘born and brought up in Dhaka’
- Bank account now with only Tk 2; Daak Taka launched
BD, UAE sign air service deal to expand aviation ties
Bangladesh and the United Arab Emirates (UAE) have signed an air service agreement to strengthen and expand aviation relations between the two countries.
Civil Aviation and Tourism Minister Rashed Khan Menon and UAE Economy Minister and Chairman of Civil Aviation Authority Sultan Bin Saeed Al Mansoori signed the agreement on behalf of their respective countries.
The signing ceremony was held at the office of Civil Aviation Authority in Dubai on Monday, said a Ministry handout on Tuesday.
Through the signing of the agreement, Bangladesh Biman Airlines and Saudi Airlines will enjoy an increased frequency and route facilities.
Earlier at a high-level meeting, Minister Menon said there is huge opportunity to expand ties with the UAE in trade, investment, tourism and other areas.