- No election without Khaleda, says BNP
- No wicked person in police force to be tolerated: Minister
- UK lifts ban on air cargo flights from Dhaka
- BNP submits memo to DC office seeking Khaleda’s release
- BNP to submit memo to DC offices Sunday
- Ban on holding rallies in city still in force: Minister
- BD preparing to hold OIC FMs meet in May
- IOM asked Rohingya kids to draw their dream
- Unable to get at source, authorities target kids at retail level
- ‘Rape’ victim attempts suicide in N’ganj
BD, UAE sign air service deal to expand aviation ties
Bangladesh and the United Arab Emirates (UAE) have signed an air service agreement to strengthen and expand aviation relations between the two countries.
Civil Aviation and Tourism Minister Rashed Khan Menon and UAE Economy Minister and Chairman of Civil Aviation Authority Sultan Bin Saeed Al Mansoori signed the agreement on behalf of their respective countries.
The signing ceremony was held at the office of Civil Aviation Authority in Dubai on Monday, said a Ministry handout on Tuesday.
Through the signing of the agreement, Bangladesh Biman Airlines and Saudi Airlines will enjoy an increased frequency and route facilities.
Earlier at a high-level meeting, Minister Menon said there is huge opportunity to expand ties with the UAE in trade, investment, tourism and other areas.