- Maintain objectivity in journalism: President
- Cabinet clears Surcharge Management Policy to control tobacco
- Kader Siddique seeks CEC’s removal
- ACC to interrogate Labaid Group MD
- 13 edu institutions shut in Cox’s Bazar after Rohingya influx
- Allegations against Sinha ‘cooked up to contain him’: BNP
- UK leader makes surprise Brussels trip to undo Brexit logjam
- Portugal wildfires kill at least 27; 4 dead in Spain
- 5,000 more Rohingyas enter Bangladesh
- Rohingya boat capsize death toll rises to 12
Tk 136.99cr incentive announced for flood-hit farmers of 24 dists
The government on Tuesday announced a Tk 136.99 crore incentive for the flood-affected farmers of 24 districts, including six haor districts, for their rehabilitation.
Agriculture Minister Matia Chowdhury came up with the announcement at a press briefing at the secretariat.
Some 7,76,202 flood-hit farmers will get cash, fertilizer and seeds to cultivate Boro and Robi crops, said the Minister.
The six haor districts are—Sylhet, Sunamganj, Habiganj, Moulvibazar, Netrakona, and Kishoreganj while the other districts are—Nagaon, Kurigram, Jamalpur, Dinajpur, Bogra, Tangail, Sirajganj, Rajshahi, Rangpur, Natore, Nilphamari, Gaibandha, Thakurgaon, Lalmonirhat, Panchagarh, Joypurhat, Sherpur and Brahmanbaria.
Around six lakh farmers of the haor districts will get TK 117 crore while 1,76,202 farmers of 18 other districts will get Tk 19.99 crore for cultivating six lakh bighas of land.
Some 5 kg seeds of Boro paddy, 20kg DAP fertilizer, 10kg MOP fertilizer and cash 1,000 tk will be provided to the farmers for each bigha, said Matia.
Some 19,000 wheat cultivators, 18,000 maize cultivators, 50,802 mustard farmers 2,000 peanuts farmer, 4004 pulse farmers and 82,000 Boro cultivators will get the incentive.
Besides, the government earlier provided 18.75 crore incentive to 5,51,201 farmers of flood-hit 64 districts for cultivating 10 crops.