- BNP to submit memo to DC offices Sunday
- Ban on holding rallies in city still in force: Minister
- BD preparing to hold OIC FMs meet in May
- IOM asked Rohingya kids to draw their dream
- Unable to get at source, authorities target kids at retail level
- ‘Rape’ victim attempts suicide in N’ganj
- PM mourns FF Fayek Mia’s death
- 6 injured as principal-hopeful tries to scupper process
- BD, India to celebrate Int’l Mother Language Day jointly
- Immediate Rohingya repatriation ‘unlikely’
Tk 136.99cr incentive announced for flood-hit farmers of 24 dists
The government on Tuesday announced a Tk 136.99 crore incentive for the flood-affected farmers of 24 districts, including six haor districts, for their rehabilitation.
Agriculture Minister Matia Chowdhury came up with the announcement at a press briefing at the secretariat.
Some 7,76,202 flood-hit farmers will get cash, fertilizer and seeds to cultivate Boro and Robi crops, said the Minister.
The six haor districts are—Sylhet, Sunamganj, Habiganj, Moulvibazar, Netrakona, and Kishoreganj while the other districts are—Nagaon, Kurigram, Jamalpur, Dinajpur, Bogra, Tangail, Sirajganj, Rajshahi, Rangpur, Natore, Nilphamari, Gaibandha, Thakurgaon, Lalmonirhat, Panchagarh, Joypurhat, Sherpur and Brahmanbaria.
Around six lakh farmers of the haor districts will get TK 117 crore while 1,76,202 farmers of 18 other districts will get Tk 19.99 crore for cultivating six lakh bighas of land.
Some 5 kg seeds of Boro paddy, 20kg DAP fertilizer, 10kg MOP fertilizer and cash 1,000 tk will be provided to the farmers for each bigha, said Matia.
Some 19,000 wheat cultivators, 18,000 maize cultivators, 50,802 mustard farmers 2,000 peanuts farmer, 4004 pulse farmers and 82,000 Boro cultivators will get the incentive.
Besides, the government earlier provided 18.75 crore incentive to 5,51,201 farmers of flood-hit 64 districts for cultivating 10 crops.