- Nat’l election: BNP renews demand for dialogue
- 21 eminent citizens receive Ekushey Padak
- Work to gain people’s confidence, President asks PSC
- Appeal filed with HC against Khaleda’s sentence
- Maintain distinctive characters of Bangla: PM
- PM invites her Dutch counterpart to launch BD Delta Plan
- 50 BNP men hurt in clash with police, 20 held
- 17 killed in garbage dump collapse in Mozambique
- Angry mob killed suspects in murder of girl in India
- RU students demand revision of quota systems in gov’t jobs
‘BNP an orphan in politics’: Quader
Cox’s Bazar, BdChronicle:
Road Transport and Bridges Minister Obaidul Quader on Tuesday said BNP has orphaned itself politically by practicing negative politics.
The minister came up with the remark at a press conference at hotel at Kalatali in the district town.
“BNP several times claimed that the government doesn’t have any diplomatic success in sending back Rohingyas. Now, Myanmar government has decided to take back Rohingyas amid international pressure. It became possible due to the diplomatic success of the government,” he added.
BNP leaders and activists have staged drama in the name of distributing relief materials among the Rohingyas who fled the Rakhine state of Myanmar to avoid persecution carried out by military forces.
On the other hand, Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina has opened the border for Rohingyas on humanitarian grounds, said Quader adding “Now the PM herself has been trying to send the Rohingya refugees back.”
Earlier in the day, Quader handed over Tk 20 lakh, given by two persons, to Cox’s Bazar district administration.